• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] OS Driving Putters

Zone, Pig, Hydra, VP, Wizard, Classic Roc... A lot rotate in and out of my bag

Scale. Feels great in the hand, great plastic, and is seriously overstable while somehow still feeling workable.

Well I'll be giving the Scale a try. I'm excited to test it against my Rhyno. Thanks for all of the input guys.

Well I'll be giving the Scale a try. I'm excited to test it against my Rhyno. Thanks for all of the input guys.

Welcome to the club :thmbup:

I threw my Scale a ton yesterday on a local 9 hole course. I decided to break out a Chalk RFF just to see what it can do.

*Spoiler Alert* It flew like a Scale...

I was able to throw some great straight to fade shots, as well as spike hyzers, forced annys that would fight out and fade back & even a few park jobs with forehands.

I used to bag a Zone as my OS utility disc but I found that it was just a bit too OS for my game. The Scale, as designed, has filled the role as the most OS Wizard that I've thrown while retaining a familiar feel. I cannot stress enough how pleased I am with this mold. I like to believe I would still be equally as passionate about the flight and shape of this disc even if I didn't design it. It just fits my game so well.

I've been using my classic roc and c-line p3 as my overstable driving putters lately. No complaints. They work as advertised and hold up well to power and wind. I've also been using rhynos for last couple of years, but I don't like to drive with them. Too much effort for not much distance.

Last edited:
I like 4 discs for this Ion, Wizard, Envy, and Atom. The Wizard was so hard to find a nice feeling plastic and the Ion was too deep for me to consistently drive with. However the Envy and Atom are awesome but I prefer the Atom because I typically use the slot for approach shots on windy days.

I like 4 discs for this Ion, Wizard, Envy, and Atom. The Wizard was so hard to find a nice feeling plastic and the Ion was too deep for me to consistently drive with. However the Envy and Atom are awesome but I prefer the Atom because I typically use the slot for approach shots on windy days.

But the Atom is not an OS putter. The Envy is certainly mildly OS; some are even reasonably OS. But the Atom, even if it starts with a little fade, develops some turn in pretty short order. Wouldn't you agree?

But the Atom is not an OS putter. The Envy is certainly mildly OS; some are even reasonably OS. But the Atom, even if it starts with a little fade, develops some turn in pretty short order. Wouldn't you agree?

It's slightly OS. I consistently get a nice fade on my throws. The Anode is straight. The Ion and Envy are more OS but the Atom is still OS. My atoms go straight and fade out.

When driving them? Or when they are powered down?
Because, for me, thrown flat at power they drift right and never come back to center. Even when they are new.

I would disagree with anodes drifting right and not coming back to center. It reminded me of throwing a seasoned pure almost instantly years back when it was released and my seasoned GRIP line just went strrrrrrrrraight. Find newest plasmas to be no different really. Anode seems to me to define what a stable putter mold is. I do like to use a little hyzer when throwing putters no matter what so think it could be a variable of "flat" releases as that's what I go for when I want a little turn but not actual anny from a disc like the tangent or theory.

The Atom is pretty OS for a baseline plastic putter when new it certainly surprised me in how much power it can hold up to but I wouldn't call it a true OS putter mold-- MVP doesn't REALLY have one of those.

I would disagree with anodes drifting right and not coming back to center. It reminded me of throwing a seasoned pure almost instantly years back when it was released and my seasoned GRIP line just went strrrrrrrrraight. Find newest plasmas to be no different really. Anode seems to me to define what a stable putter mold is. I do like to use a little hyzer when throwing putters no matter what so think it could be a variable of "flat" releases as that's what I go for when I want a little turn but not actual anny from a disc like the tangent or theory.

The Atom is pretty OS for a baseline plastic putter when new it certainly surprised me in how much power it can hold up to but I wouldn't call it a true OS putter mold-- MVP doesn't REALLY have one of those.

Anodes definitely don't drift right. I wasn't saying that. Anodes have amazing HSS for such a neutral mold.

Atoms sure do drift right though, for me. In fact, the only time I carry one is at Milo when I know there are two holes where there is a slight 2030 degree right turn at about the 250-275 foot mark. They nail this line like no other disc I have. I hyzer flip them a little when I want them to go straight

Last edited:
Anodes definitely don't drift right. I wasn't saying that. Anodes have amazing HSS for such a neutral mold.

Atoms sure do drift right though, for me. In fact, the only time I carry one is at Milo when I know there are two holes where there is a slight 2030 degree right turn at about the 250-275 foot mark. They nail this line like no other disc I have. I hyzer flip them a little when I want them to go straight

Atoms definitely drift right fresh out of the box. Liked mine a lot for a similar shot as well, but prefer the amazing glide from my beat organic Wiz.

Latest posts