• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] OS Driving Putters

In fact, the only time I carry one is at Milo when I know there are two holes where there is a slight 2030 degree right turn at about the 250-275 foot mark. They nail this line like no other disc I have. I hyzer flip them a little when I want them to go straight

2030° right turn? So your disc will fly in circles like 5 or 6 times before landing? This, I must see.

Sinus. I've beat a medium sinus in to the point that it flies dead straight with no fade. I don't bag an OS mid any longer as my sinus covers that slot as well. Such an amazing disc.

I rock the shield. I have the one from trilogy challenge and I was able to score a BT soft from All Things Disc Golf last year. I find they fight the headwind pretty good and hold a nice line.

I have no interest in a more OS MVP putter. Unless it's in Electron. I'll gobble anything they give us in Electron.

I rock the shield. I have the one from trilogy challenge and I was able to score a BT soft from All Things Disc Golf last year. I find they fight the headwind pretty good and hold a nice line.

I tried a lot of putters - and the shield definitely is my current putter and driving putter. It holds up really well in headwind and hold lines as you wish. For me it was surprisingly overstable - I expected it to be closer to the Mercy, but it does have more hss and lsf. It does fly long as well - longer than I ever got a Wizard to go ever...

I love Shields and I think they are more 0/2 instead of 0/3 like a Rhyno. It definitely feels comfy in the hand and a great option for the OP if he likes Pure feel.

I really like both the Ion and Anode (Neutron). Besides being able to handle quite a bit of power, they are very durable. Mine fly just about the same as they did when I bought them 2 years ago. I personally have not had that happen with other putters.

I tried a lot of putters - and the shield definitely is my current putter and driving putter. It holds up really well in headwind and hold lines as you wish. For me it was surprisingly overstable - I expected it to be closer to the Mercy, but it does have more hss and lsf. It does fly long as well - longer than I ever got a Wizard to go ever...

the bt shield i got from trilogy challenge is more beat in than the soft one right now, (thanks to smashing a tree in a playoff last year), and it seems to fly pretty straight for about 250' then it tails off. The soft shield is not as beat in and gives me a strong o/s shot. I think when i order more i will go with the bt plastic over the soft but hey the soft one was free so im not complaining.

VIP Harp is probably going to be your best bet for a good overstable driving putter

zone
gator (i know it's not a putter)
breaker

fwiw, I replaced rhynos with breakers.

Instead of waiting for MVP/Axiom to make an OS putter, why not get one of the plethora of good ones that already exist?

I bagged a Zone for awhile. Awesome disc. But it's not needed when you can hyzer an Ion, Envy, or Tensor, or power down a Resistor.

A agree with those saying that MVP doesn't make a truly OS putter. They don't have a Pig, or Zone, or Scale, or anything really beefy. So for right now, the OP would probably shift towards another manufacturer. He already said he's going to try the Scale, which has been getting rave reviews.

What's the difference between the harp and disc like the suspect/breaker?

What's the difference between the harp and disc like the suspect/breaker?

Haven't thrown a breaker. But a Suspect is going to be a little longer. And while it still has more than plenty HSS, it will have a later/less fade.