• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OTB Lawsuit Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just turned on the FPO coverage on youtube. They covered Natalie in the opening and Jeff Spring commented on the situation.

His main point was everybody needs to be respectful.

Ah yes, the great liberal/centrist construction of respectful that equates with performing niceties so to not disrupt profit. It's a respectful transphobic targeting of one player, right?

They passed a ruling targeting one player because the YouTube comments were a public record of who was tuning in and were bad for business, so resorting to another desperate strategy makes sense. I just want them to own their trash.

I'm not sure I understand what you have written here.....I'm not sure it is English.

Ah yes, the great liberal/centrist construction of respectful that equates with performing niceties so to not disrupt profit. It's a respectful transphobic targeting of one player, right?

I only made that comment because I had anticipated that they would completely avoid the issue and just provide coverage as usual. I was wrong.

So, I just turned on the FPO coverage on youtube. They covered Natalie in the opening and Jeff Spring commented on the situation.

His main point was everybody needs to be respectful.

Well, his initial point was they disagree with the ruling, have appealed the ruling and stand by the "11 peer reviewed documents" that the initial decision was made upon.

I have lost a great amount of respect for Jeff Spring. One cannot state "We are ready to welcome Natalie back," in one sentence, and then say "we disagree and are disappointed with the decision (that's she's back)" and have both of them carry weight and sincerity.

Either you're welcoming her back, or you aren't. Either you want her back, or you don't.

I have lost a great amount of respect for Jeff Spring. One cannot state "We are ready to welcome Natalie back," in one sentence, and then say "we disagree and are disappointed with the decision (that's she's back)" and have both of them carry weight and sincerity.

Either you're welcoming her back, or you aren't. Either you want her back, or you don't.

I thought he was quite clear that he did NOT want her back, but understood they had to comply.

Ultiworld Disc Golf
@UltiworldDG
·
35m
BREAKING: The Ninth Circuit rules in favor of
@DiscGolfProTour
on their appeal for a stay, finding that the District Court "likely lacked diversity jurisdiction" in its earlier ruling in favor of Natalie Ryan.

It is unclear what that will mean for Ryan at the OTB Open.

Looks like the PDGA and the tour won their appeal and Natalie won't be able to finish the tournament. Again, I am somewhat surprised that they appealed the temporary order once the tournament had begun. I'm not really surprised that the tour won the appeal as it did seem that on a procedural basis they had a strong argument even though they may not have presented it that well initially. In the long run it won't change anything.

Ultiworld Disc Golf
@UltiworldDG
·
35m
@DiscGolfProTour
on their appeal for a stay, finding that the District Court "likely lacked diversity jurisdiction" in its earlier ruling in favor of Natalie Ryan.

I hope they don't pull her from the tournament. Much kinder to let her finish out the tournament and potentially triumph and then tweak the prizes quietly after the fact ala Reggie Bush and A-Rod.

I hope they don't pull her from the tournament. Much kinder to let her finish out the tournament and potentially triumph and then tweak the prizes quietly after the fact ala Reggie Bush and A-Rod.

Why would they have bothered to appeal the TRO if they didn't intend on removing her from the tournament if they won?

Last edited:
Why would they have bothered to appeal the TRO if they didn't intend on removing her from the tournament if they won?

Appealing the TRO is the option that creates the most work aka earnings for their attorneys which is I presume the main goal for the legal teams of both the DGPT and Ryan.

Ultiworld Disc Golf
@UltiworldDG
·
35m
@DiscGolfProTour

Earlier in this thread I raised the issue of diversity jurisdiction not being met. Having seen this, I pulled up the pleadings on PACER.

Honestly, had DGPT/PDGA raised a 12(b) challenge to jurisdiction, I don't see how they could have lost at the district court stage. This was the right call from the 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.