• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Other brand's putter most like a Wizard?

If you can find a Wizard molded in Reptilian Disc Golf's "Fossil" plastic, you'll find the best base-line putter plastic known to man. Zero Hard, but with more grit.

I'm a big fan RDG. Really great plastic.
One of my Scales has the plastic Im looking for. Too bad its not a Wizard. :/

I'd check out some of the Eraser 25 Wizards (these were made in response to them phasing out the G9i blend, just enough give and grip to be legal, but really firm) or ask the guys at Gateway for Eraser Soft, should be what you are looking for.

Eraser 25 sounds totally perfect. Now I know what to look for or call about.
Thank you, my good man.

I heard no more fossil wiz.

My understanding was that they did not have any more molded and in stock at Gateway's warehouse, but that they would continue future runs as RDG funds were available for new production. (I hope)

/summonsinnerdwightschrute "JAMIE!!"

Aren't the Fossil and PWP supposed to be pretty much the same thing?

I always heard about how you can send gateway a disc in the mail and they'll do their best to match up the plastics on an order. I wonder if you can send them another company's disc.

I always heard about how you can send gateway a disc in the mail and they'll do their best to match up the plastics on an order. I wonder if you can send them another company's disc.

Yes. I've done it. And they nailed it.

I keep trying all the different blends Gateway is coming out with. They're all sweet, but nothing beats a seasoned Soft Wizard. The Soft blend is not flexible at all and usually has a bit of a sheen/slickness to it when new, but after a few months it turns into an awesome tacky velvety feel while retaining the stiffness.

Hard to pick a putter that has the same high speed stability of the Wizard without too much low speed fade. I think maybe an S-line P2 would come close?

I'm in the same boat, keep going back to the plain Jane softs. I've got a few firmer special blends that are nice as well, but they seem to chunk up a bit more than my softs.

I haven't felt one since they first came out, but the Legacy Prowler ifrc was a wizard clone. Can someone confirm? If so, their excel plastic is the best baseline out imo, close second is SGS (sure grip select) from Gaetway!

Actually, just hit up Gateway. They'll find the blend you want for sure.

All the zero hard I've felt was somewhere b/t Super Soft and Soft, leaning more towards the stiffer side of SS.

Can't get enough of my Fossil Fuel Wizards. Love the feel of them for putting and throwing. I am just glad I bought a stack of them while they were here. Definitely hope there is future runs of Fossil and Fossil Fuel.

Can't get enough of my Fossil Fuel Wizards. Love the feel of them for putting and throwing. I am just glad I bought a stack of them while they were here. Definitely hope there is future runs of Fossil and Fossil Fuel.

I hope they get some back in! Would love to try them out.

I agree. I grabbed 5 Fossil, 5 Fossil Fuel, and 5 G9i from RDG when they had them, and I'm glad I did. The Fossil Fuel has been my favorite so far though.

That's the idea, but at least some of the PWP stuff is like rff in flex. Some of it is quite firm too, so who knows.

I know I've seen some differences in Fossil across different molds, but all of my wizards have been pretty much the same. Maybe I've only seen them in a small sample size though and the stack I bought were all from the same batch.