• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

I was starting to think the same thing. the tone of this quote, coupled with this bit from her interview earlier:

"We don't want to talk about disc golf. that's all we do all day long. we want to decompress after the round. Go hang out with our friends, eat a good meal, get some rest."

I get that perspective to an extent. but it also does sound like it's coming from somebody who isn't loving playing disc golf lately

I read it as though she doesn't take her work home with her, so to speak.

A lot of people choose not to discuss their work after hours. For pro athletes it's harder to separate, when they have a large fanbase evaluating their every move and looking for daily updates.

From what I'm hearing/reading about Paige, I'm guessing she's thinking about retiring. She's looking at property in Hawaii...why? If she wants to continue to tour and play, it will be very expensive to fly from Hawaii to tournaments and back. If she's continuing to play, why not just buy in the "mainland" until she gets ready to retire. It would be less expensive. I think she's looking to get the 6th World Champion trophy and then put away her discs. But that's just my thoughts.

Look up buying property in Hawaii. I don't think it's as easy as in the 48 and damn expensive.

Seems a lot of people want Paige to be a disc golfer, instead of a human.

Sure, there's a human element. But Paige has said she wants to be the GOAT. How many times does it look like the greatest ever just stops performing at that level, while indicating that they are distracted and admitting not playing or focusing as they should be (and even hinting at walking away)? Those things don't really go hand in hand - there's a disconnect there that we are all wondering about.

We're all human. We all have problems and need to step away from time to time. But, then again, most of us here don't have the drive or talent to be remembered as an all-time great at anything.

Sure, there's a human element. But Paige has said she wants to be the GOAT. How many times does it look like the greatest ever just stops performing at that level, while indicating that they are distracted and admitting not playing or focusing as they should be (and even hinting at walking away)? Those things don't really go hand in hand - there's a disconnect there that we are all wondering about.

We're all human. We all have problems and need to step away from time to time. But, then again, most of us here don't have the drive or talent to be remembered as an all-time great at anything.

You don't seem to like Paige much. Whenever you comment about her, it always seems negative.

I'm thinking it must sting for some guys, knowing Paige earns more money than they do. (And she's a better golfer)

Last edited:
The vast majority of people have little to no aptitude, skill or understanding of how to recognize, understand or solve our own life problems....is it a big surprise, we have no idea about the mind of some random pro golfer??

You don't seem to like Paige much. Whenever you comment about her, it always seems negative.

I'm thinking it must sting for some guys, knowing Paige earns more money than they do. (And is a better golfer)

Lol....the fact that you even tried to degradate other poster, with this, seems to say a LOT about how you likely see the world.

The vast majority of people have little to no aptitude, skill or understanding of how to recognize, understand or solve our own life problems....is it a big surprise, we have no idea about the mind of some random pro golfer??
SHUT UP N GIT BACK 2 SYKOANALYZIN!

I'm thinking it must sting for some guys, knowing Paige earns more money than they do. (And she's a better golfer)

You have to be kidding me, right? lol

I don't criticize Paige much at all. I criticize the rating system that people are basing discussion of Pierce around more than anything.

I want to know how someone so dominant, who normally seems very results oriented, has had such an abrupt pivot in how they handle the talk around them so much. I've followed Paige on social media for years, and there is a distinct difference. She's also displayed a pattern in the past of not being happy with sponsors (ie Prodigy and DD, each time leaving after the relationship soured) and that's an objective fact as she's discussed those relationships a bit.

Why would you personally attack me, when I've been consistent and fairly objective on the decade pus I've been on these boards? I could care less that she's a better golfer than me. Or that she earns more money than I do. Her goals are to be the GOAT, mine are to be a good husband and dad - I just enjoy playing disc golf and following the pros too.

Nothing that Simon Lizotte has ever said made Paige Pierce's decision to make getting her rating to 1000 her top priority a good idea.

Ha! I do think these introspective posts are indicative of more personal things. I don't think she just woke up one day and her skills were no longer there. She's probably just going through some growing pains and needs time to sort them out.

Latest posts