• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Ha! I do think these introspective posts are indicative of more personal things. I don't think she just woke up one day and her skills were no longer there. She's probably just going through some growing pains and needs time to sort them out.

I think people obviously derive great joy out of utterly rampant speculation, at the expense of someone they know nothing about. I think it is funny when people think they have it all figured out. :D

I think people obviously derive great joy out of utterly rampant speculation, at the expense of someone they know nothing about. I think it is funny when people think they have it all figured out. :D

I could not have said it better. Maybe people are just a little jelly that she can go to hawaii to recharge her batteries. I know I am ...just a little.

I could not have said it better. Maybe people are just a little jelly that she can go to hawaii to recharge her batteries. I know I am ...just a little.

Lol.....I just want to be able to drive a couple miles and hug my mom. Heck yeah, I jealous. I am terribly afflicted with compassion for humans....I can't find a way to justify leisure air travel, at this point.

Was the DDO never on her schedule? I certainly understand skipping certain tournaments to rest and stay fresh, but this is a pretty big one to miss it would seem.

Was the DDO never on her schedule? I certainly understand skipping certain tournaments to rest and stay fresh, but this is a pretty big one to miss it would seem.

These are the questions we are all asking. Skipping national tour events isn't something the top names are normally planning to do any year

Can't say I blame her for skipping DD's premiere event after the way things went down towards the end of her sponsorship. Especially if she needs to find some inner peace.

Can't say I blame her for skipping DD's premiere event after the way things went down towards the end of her sponsorship. Especially if she needs to find some inner peace.
Wait we know how things went down? I only ever saw wild speculation.

Sure, only they know what really happened, but the parting didn't seem especially amicable even if they tried to spin it that way.

From Ultiworld

Despite a 3-year sponsorship extension last offseason, Paige Pierce and Dynamic Discs are ending their agreement early.

"I need to step away from Dynamic Discs. That's hard for me to say," Pierce says in her video statement.

All I know is - DD put up some snarky news releases about Paige leaving her three year deal. Despite the fact that the kind of verbal agreement they engaged in isn't binding beyond one year, invalidating it. She wasn't breaking any deal.

Kinda bit my tongue on this for a week or so and wanted to read before posting.

Absolutely believe everybody should do what makes them happy in life in general. Ultimately nobody else is gonna do it for you, so you gotta stand up for what matters most for you.

With that being said...property in Hawaii isn't cheap, let alone beach front property. "Disc golf rich" might buy you a house stateside that you won't live in a majority of the year...which you could easily argue isn't necessarily a smart way to spend the money you're making.

Buying property in Hawaii with the intent of making it your home, and very expensive to travel back and forth just doesn't mesh with the touring life.

If the intent is to become 1000 rated and distance is your advantage it makes no sense to not play DDO, especially with it being as big of an event as it is. Sure it might be your former sponsor hosting in their home town, but as arguably the best FPO player ever skipping town for Hawaii just doesn't pass the optics test.

Sure you can say pro players are regular people, they are...but to skip an event that is worth a lot of points especially when she's not earned as many as she would've expected to have by this point...

Disc golf is a job for them...just like the rest of us have jobs...it's early in the season...things just don't add up.

Pressure from sponsorship seems the likely culprit.
However we might never know whats going on. While it's none of our business, curious fans of her and the game are only looking to make sense of her absence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
"I think y'all vastly overestimate the physical difficulty of playing disc golf... while it takes a toll on certain body parts over time it isn't like running a triathlon."

There is a huuuge difference between playing at at a pro level and playing the game at our level. Average league golfers don't put the kind of torque on the body and expend the kind of energy it takes day in and day out to play this game at such a high level. It is like comparing a weekend warrior flag football player, and an NFL player imo.

Last edited:
Here is my thoughts. Maybe something is going on with mental health? She has not been on top of her game lately. Who knows what it could be or if its anything. Her playing has not been her norm. Maybe she just need a reset and a break. I am an advocate for mental health. It effects everything.

"Disc golf rich" might buy you a house stateside that you won't live in a majority of the year...which you could easily argue isn't necessarily a smart way to spend the money you're making.

Actually real estate is the long term safe and smart investment play to hedge against inflation. An empty house IS better than letting money sit in a bank account being chipped away with inflation as the time passes by.

You can argue about the stock market all day but with real estate you actually have a tangible good that you can use today. Probably best to have both, but I would go real estate first and foremost before the market.

Here is my thoughts. Maybe something is going on with mental health? She has not been on top of her game lately. Who knows what it could be or if its anything. Her playing has not been her norm. Maybe she just need a reset and a break. I am an advocate for mental health. It effects everything.

I'm not a medic but I play one on the interwebs? Lol.