• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

I think Paige will be right back in it after round 2. Scoggins is her biggest threat as the tournament progresses imop.

I think Paige will be right back in it after round 2. Scoggins is her biggest threat as the tournament progresses imop.

Maybe but she has had so many rounds lately that are 40+ points below her rating. That is not the kind of things that will give a player confidence.

Not much better today, 945 and way behind...just strange

Last edited:
jeesh... 921 rated 2nd round. 14 strokes off 1st. Maybe something is going on. Any ideas? 1000 rated pressure?

Theyre releasing a special edition 996 rated fierces this week....just before her rating drops

Not sure whats going on, but she def hasnt been playing well recently

jeesh... 921 rated 2nd round. 14 strokes off 1st. Maybe something is going on. Any ideas? 1000 rated pressure?

Someone in the Texas states thread mentioned a finger injury she's playing with? Would make sense, even something as minute as a blister can throw your entire release and touch points off, if we're talking about a ligament/tendon injury, good luck throwing tight lines and putting with that....

She throws as hard as anyone, to be honest I'm surprised she's went as long as she has for the most part injury free.

As of the age of 30... would it be accurate to say that Val remains the greatest rival Paige has had? Or has Cat overtaken Val in that space in recent years?

Paige Major and NT wins...
Val was the runner up at 7 of 14 Major victories.
Cat was the runner up at 1 of 14 Major victories.

Val was the runner up at 7 of 22 NT victories.
Cat was the runner up at 10 of 22 NT victories.

Val Major and NT wins...
Paige was the runner up at 2 Major victories.
(Val has 10 Major wins since Paige turned pro in 2009, 8 since Paige started playing against her in 2010)

Paige was the runner up at 3 NT victories.
(Val has 20 NT wins since Paige turned pro in 2009, 14 since Paige started playing against her in 2010)

Cat Major and NT wins...
Paige was the runner up at 2 of 5 Major victories.
Paige was the runner up at 8 of 12 NT victories.

I think that, at this point, Cat has overtaken Val as her primary rival both in the moment and in terms of career definition. But if, for example, another young pro were to supplant Cat as the primary rival in the immediate-term future, it'd be a good debate between whether Cat or Val (or, one day, young-pro-X) was the greatest rival to Paige.

Bad ideas lead to bad outcomes.

I think she's going to have to shelve the 1000 rating thing for a while.

It was a terrible idea so that would be a good thing.

Imagine if in his prime going into a season Roger Federer announced his primary goal was to set the record for most 6-0 games.

Or Tiger woods announcing that his main goal was setting the record for hole-in-ones.

The ONLY goal of importance to ANY pro athlete should be.......WINNING.

Everything else is a distraction.

She tied for the hot round (-7) today.
It just doesn't seem like she could have 2 poor rounds due to injury, then have a great round the next day. :confused:

She tied for the hot round (-7) today.
It just doesn't seem like she could have 2 poor rounds due to injury, then have a great round the next day. :confused:

Maybe not a great round, still well below her rating..but sure an improvement.

Just watched R1 in MPO and it looked like lots of OB, wonder if that was her downfall. . 5th at a B-tier doesn't look so good for her

Someone in the Texas states thread mentioned a finger injury she's playing with? Would make sense, even something as minute as a blister can throw your entire release and touch points off, if we're talking about a ligament/tendon injury, good luck throwing tight lines and putting with that....

She throws as hard as anyone, to be honest I'm surprised she's went as long as she has for the most part injury free.

On her YouTube channel she reviewed her performance at Las Vegas and mentioned that she picked up a friction injury in the middle of one of the rounds. She tried to push through without taping it and it was too painful, then accepted some athletic tape from one of her card mates, which threw off her release. She then went on to say that she played with tape on it for the final round and had trouble getting comfortable with it.

Not sure if she is still dealing with that or not, although I know Madison Walker mentioned on the final round Waco coverage that she (Walker) has been playing with tape on her finger for quite a while because of recurring abrasion injury.

Latest posts