• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Every injury is different, but tendons and ligaments generally take longer to heal than bones.
I feel that.

Bones are richly vascularized, so they get better blood flow than tendons and ligaments, which helps them heal faster.

Been 4 months since my surgery, and I can barely throw a decent stand and deliver shot with a lightweight mid. :(

PT is going well, and I'm still making progress week over week, but man, it's a grind, and a long slog.

Been 4 months since my surgery, and I can barely throw a decent stand and deliver shot with a lightweight mid. :(

PT is going well, and I'm still making progress week over week, but man, it's a grind, and a long slog.

Step by step you make progress until you're at the point you want to be. This is the way and unfortunately no short cuts.

Just want to shout out some healing vibes to PP, and hope that nearly a couple of months later, she's is on the mend and her recovery/rehab are going better than OK. It'd be a shame if it's the last we've seen of her at the elite level. Not the way to end such a storied career.

Wouldn't surprise me if her injury and "I'll show them," attitude fuels her to bounce back compete at the highest level. Just seems weird not seeing her name listed in FPO.

Yes, I thought about Paige often during the World's tournament. I'm sure she is working with her doctor and therapist to make sure she is not over doing it. I also am wishing her the best and hope to see her return to being able to play the sport that she has dedicated her life to.

2 year contract, announcement video in the next month sometime. Good to hear she was following the tour while recovering and is excited to get back competing and building up over the tour season (19 stops on her tour schedule). New Discraft mold incoming at the first 2024 DGPT event in Florida (11 speed Wraith like - maybe a Surge retool/variant?).

Hopefully she can give Tattar some competition this year. I expect a few other FPO players will step up at some point as well.

I would like to see her have a nice year by any standard, just not sure this is going to be a year where she is the dominate force of old. Page has the same issue to overcome that Paul Mcbeth has felt in the last couple of years, mainly the field has gotten a lot better. Not just one or 2 players but there is talent everywhere and at every age.

Injury, not sure that will be an issue honestly. She is young and she has worked hard to get healthy, so maybe it becomes problematic later in the season. Aches and pains seem to be a bigger issue for most players deep into the season. By now I am sure she has confidence in the ankle area and the repair, so I hope this goes well for her.

The last thing she will have to manage is being married, family changes things. Priorities change, ones focus changes. Work takes a back seat to other goals sometimes. Family has changed thing for male players, Paul, Simon and Nate all manage their tour life differently now that they have families. I expect her to be no different.

If she reaches all her goals I would be happy for her. She has all the tools needed to be very successful. Hope she enjoys the year.

I would like to see her have a nice year by any standard, just not sure this is going to be a year where she is the dominate force of old. Page has the same issue to overcome that Paul Mcbeth has felt in the last couple of years, mainly the field has gotten a lot better. Not just one or 2 players but there is talent everywhere and at every age.

Injury, not sure that will be an issue honestly. She is young and she has worked hard to get healthy, so maybe it becomes problematic later in the season. Aches and pains seem to be a bigger issue for most players deep into the season. By now I am sure she has confidence in the ankle area and the repair, so I hope this goes well for her.

The last thing she will have to manage is being married, family changes things. Priorities change, ones focus changes. Work takes a back seat to other goals sometimes. Family has changed thing for male players, Paul, Simon and Nate all manage their tour life differently now that they have families. I expect her to be no different.

If she reaches all her goals I would be happy for her. She has all the tools needed to be very successful. Hope she enjoys the year.
I mostly agree with you, but it's worth pointing out that Paul, Simon and Nate all have kids. Paul and Nate have have been married for years and were dating the same person for a while prior to that, even during some of their prime years.

Other examples of players with long term SOs that have been at or near the top during that time are Dickerson, Freeman, Ben Callaway, Ohn (I think), Missy and Hokom. That's not including players that are dating or married to other pro players.

I mostly agree with you, but it's worth pointing out that Paul, Simon and Nate all have kids. Paul and Nate have have been married for years and were dating the same person for a while prior to that, even during some of their prime years.

Other examples of players with long term SOs that have been at or near the top during that time are Dickerson, Freeman, Ben Callaway, Ohn (I think), Missy and Hokom. That's not including players that are dating or married to other pro players.
Ohn was married before she started playing disc golf, I believe. Her husband introduced her to disc golf. Tattar has a kid and had the kid before her ascendance. Jennifer Allen's kids are grown or nearly so. I think she came to disc golf later maybe also. People are different and have different circumstances. Despite the terrible injury, I get the impression that Paige has enjoyed being home with her wife and also stepping away for a moment from the hectic life on the road.

Disc golf has been Paige's whole life since about the age of 12-13. I don't think anyone has dedicated more of their life for a span of time like this than Paige. She has to be aware of her injury and I'm sure it is gonna change her approach to her game to some degree. However it goes this season, I am sure she will have a new appreciation for just being able to compete in the sport she loves.

Latest posts