• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

MSt really really sold out?

So I've got 2 Cryztal Lunas coming to me from MSt. They've been having website issues with the release so I ended up ordering over the phone. They didn't have any blue/pink/purple unfortunately so I settled for a pair of oranges and a red for a buddy.

Okay I went back to MSt and they had an apology up and said click to get yours now so I did - 1 left! it went to my cart then I go to checkout. Bummer: guess what now it's been removed b/c it's no longer available! 😕🤦🏻😂 My guess is more than one of us had it in a cart, and someone else checked out first.

What the durability of the baseline Luna's?

And how do the different plastics fly? BigZ, Crystal, Baseline???

What the durability of the baseline Luna's?

And how do the different plastics fly? BigZ, Crystal, Baseline???

durability is ok but not great on the baseline Luna. . but the same as something like Innovas "pro" plastic

A new Baseline flies like 3,4,0,1 but beats in to a straight flight pretty fast
Never thrown a Big-Z but looking at videos it seems to stay at that 3,4,0,1 flight even if thrown HARD

My stack of CryZtal and ESP Luna´s was shipped today so i hope to get them in tomorrow
I heard McBeth say that the ESP Luna was the most OS Luna he had thrown.

Hope to throw a few ESP and a Pink, Blue and Lime CryZtal tomorrow

If you guys are all jazzed up because you want to collect and make money off of these, go for it. I got my hands on a couple in different colors and just threw them all. Unfortunately not one of the 3 I have flew as stable as any of the 3 Big Z Lunas I had when those came out.

These Crystals are all basically turn over putters out of the box. If you want a straight flyer, you are still better off just buying a nearly identical Big Z Roach.

If you guys are all jazzed up because you want to collect and make money off of these, go for it. I got my hands on a couple in different colors and just threw them all. Unfortunately not one of the 3 I have flew as stable as any of the 3 Big Z Lunas I had when those came out.

These Crystals are all basically turn over putters out of the box. If you want a straight flyer, you are still better off just buying a nearly identical Big Z Roach.

Perfect..so then i can have my CryZtal as straight to US and ESP as straight to OS :)

I never intended to buy this many . .just tryed to get one at a few different places and got them all :)
If i sell any of them. it will be for retail and no profit to friends. . OR trade one ESP for a Big-Z

2144hYbxsZRRbsSr6

Heard diffrent about this, the Foundation Disc Golf guys said it was more OS than the "normal" LUNA

Well I'll know later today. I don't care if it doesn't decide to stop raining, I'm throwing mine.

I am very curious about the stability of the "new" Luna´s myself- - hope to get my first ESP and CryZtal today, but hard to find a good place to throw them at work

Big new shippment of ESP LUNAs at Discsport in Sweden, they ship worldwide

Some nice ones

https://discsport.eu/art/5725

OT but interesting that is "only" cost 12,9 Euro to ship 10discs Worldwide from Sweden.

When i buy 10discs in the USA the shipping cost is twice that. . my last order of 7 discs from the US was $26 in shipping

Just got my first Lunas in .. 5 more on the way.

The blue/pink ESP is super pretty and puddle top :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• luna.JPG
    luna.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 248
Did a couple of throws with the CryZtal and ESP LUNA´s today against my Proto, 1st Run and stock LUNA´s

Both the ESP and CryZtal feels great in the hand, in a weird way the CryZtal one feels deeper, but it´s really not
All of my "normal" LUNA´s are totally flat, but my 4 ESP´s is from a very small puddle top, on one, two are flat and one has an extremely small pop top

The CryZtals are all quite flat.

Flight.
The flat ESP flies very close to the Stock ones, basically a straight flight with a small gentle fade.
The puddle top one is more OS and the pop top one more US
The CryZtal one a have ( will get four more today ) was a hair more stable than the ESP and Stock. . but not much
I did take a Big-Z and Ti Roach to the field as well, the CryZtal LUNA and Ti ROACH are really close in flight, but I did throw the LUNA a few feet farther every time.. but other than that the flightpath is almost identical.
Farthest of all the disc was the brand new stock ( JB blend ) LUNA. . but the older ones get US very quickly.

If I were to give the discs flight numbers :

Brand new Stock LUNA: 3/4/0/0,5 . . .broken in LUNA 3/4/-1/0
ESP LUNA: 3/3,5/0/0,75
CryZtal LUNA: 3/3,5/0/1
Ti ROACH: 3/3/0/0,75

Did a couple of throws with the CryZtal and ESP LUNA´s today against my Proto, 1st Run and stock LUNA´s

Both the ESP and CryZtal feels great in the hand, in a weird way the CryZtal one feels deeper, but it´s really not
All of my "normal" LUNA´s are totally flat, but my 4 ESP´s is from a very small puddle top, on one, two are flat and one has an extremely small pop top

The CryZtals are all quite flat.

Flight.
The flat ESP flies very close to the Stock ones, basically a straight flight with a small gentle fade.
The CryZtal one a have ( will get four more today ) was a hair more stable than the ESP and Stock. . but not much
I did take a Big-Z and Ti Roach to the field as well, the CryZtal LUNA and Ti ROACH are really close in flight, but I did throw the LUNA a few feet farther every time.. but other than that the flightpath is almost identical.
Farthest of all the disc was the brand new stock ( JB blend ) LUNA. . but the older ones get US very quickly.

Well you wrote up my experince with my Lunas as well. I've drawn more metal off the tee with my Lunas than with almost any other disc (my Elite-X Comet is also a frequent metal banger). I find my Cryztal to be very close to a 0,1 flight, but I also have problems throwing it flat.

I rarely bag my Zones anymore because I can use the Cryztal Luna for almost all my approaches. I also canned a 50'+ (16m+) putt for bird with it today. Just missed multiple C2 and further putts today.

I also feel like translucent plastics feel like they make all putters bulkier. All of my Cryztal putters (Luna, Chally, Focus) have been red, and all have either hit an ace, or have drawn a significant amoint of metal. It's only a matter of time for the Luna, which ironically was my replacement for my Ace Chally.

So that puddle doesn't affect the glide? Really like the puddled soft X Roaches, but they seem to drop quicker. I only notice it at shorter approach distances though..
Haven't got your hands on a Big Z yet? I'd put them even with the Ti Roach, but I've seen some other opinions.

Man now I want a CryZtal Luna :/

It's a really good throwing putter that feels great and flies great.

It will be interesting to see which Luna Paul will be throwing now...Big-Z, ESP or cryZtal

Even more interesting to find out which plastic Discraft will choose for a stock Luna in 2020

Latest posts