• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

Been putting Lunas (protos mostly) for the last 5-6 weeks . Gotta say , I still really like them. Great putter. I hope they can duplicate the proto run (as close as possible as I know the supplier blah blah materials blah blah)

I have some first runs that are just sitting for now. May not ever use them haha I was able to snag 6 protos and so far only used 3 of them and they are only getting better with time. Just hope to avoid any major dingers as it HAS happened to one of them but I was able to fix it - official flight #'s 3/3/0/1 hahaha not fade of 3 derrrp

I figured out that the Roach had me using more of a spin putt than I had been using in the past and that continued into the Luna.

Hit the practice basket and course over the past few days and the Luna was working quite well for me with more of a pitch/loft putt. Also experienced zero blow throughs or roll aways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Is the Crazy Tough (CT) Jawbreaker the same as the plastic on the Luna? I see they have the Wasp and Focus out in CT limited editions.

No, not the same plastic. The feel is similar but the CT is more durable. I have a Luna and a Focus in CT plastic and I like them both. If the Luna is offered in CT I would be a buyer.

How different are the Luna's between proto & 1st run plastics?

Flight wise they're identical. Plastic wise the first runs are smooth and the plastic is more consistent through temp changes. The protos got rock hard in colder weather the first runs get firm but not rock solid like the protos

Flight wise they're identical. Plastic wise the first runs are smooth and the plastic is more consistent through temp changes. The protos got rock hard in colder weather the first runs get firm but not rock solid like the protos

Are they slick like KC Pro plastic or grippier? Meaning the 1st runs out now.

How different are the Luna's between proto & 1st run plastics?

I feel the Proto has a different 'grit' to it. I feel the 1st run is a little more 'rubber' feeling, still firm though. Damage wise I feel the 1st run shows more. The 1st run feel more 'curved' on the shoulder. In my palm the Proto fits flat but the 1st seem to tilt a little because a little more curve in the shoulder.

I prefer the Proto but the 1st run are fine, good stability, firm but grippy. All around a nice putter

Last edited:
I feel the Proto has a different 'grit' to it. I feel the 1st run is a little more 'rubber' feeling, still firm though. Damage wise I feel the 1st run shows more. The 1st run feel more 'curved' on the shoulder. In my palm the Proto fits flat but the 1st seem to tilt a little because a little more curve in the shoulder.

I prefer the Proto but the 1st run are fine, good stability, firm but grippy. All around a nice putter

I was talking $&!+ about the Luna earlier on this thread but it's really good with a pitch putt. I had been using it with a pure spin putt & it wasn't working. Been trying to get back to a pitch & the Luna works really well. I still don't like the proto (crayon) blend so I will definitely get my hands on a 1st run.

I was talking $&!+ about the Luna earlier on this thread but it's really good with a pitch putt. I had been using it with a pure spin putt & it wasn't working. Been trying to get back to a pitch & the Luna works really well. I still don't like the proto (crayon) blend so I will definitely get my hands on a 1st run.
I had the same experience as you. I was pitch putting with Wizards, switched to the Roach, and developed more of a spin putt. Tried the Luna with my same spin putt as the Roach and I was having a terrible time. Revisited the Luna using the same putt pitch putt I used with my wizard and I'm putting just as well, if not better, than I ever have. It's like a wizard that I can putt straight at the basket outside of 25' instead of playing the fade.

First a Proto, then the large 1st run at a big permium. . when will we see a "normal" run o LUNAs ?

Not surpriced if we soon will see a premium plastic 1st run at $20 a piece.

Discraft is really milking the "1st run" thing at the moment. . . i wonder how many runs of "1st run" they have made?

First a Proto, then the large 1st run at a big permium. . when will we see a "normal" run o LUNAs ?

Not surpriced if we soon will see a premium plastic 1st run at $20 a piece.

Discraft is really milking the "1st run" thing at the moment. . . i wonder how many runs of "1st run" they have made?

agreed, they were overpriced....bigtime. A new electron putter cost like $12 and they were getting 20$ for these. sadly I still got a bunch haha. but I really like the luna so.....alright I guess

I really like it s well, it have made my bag and i just got my big practice/cycle stack.

For now i use the Proto for putting and the first run for throwing. . putt i still have hope for a premium plastic one to throw

I'm really glad I gave the Luna another shot for putting. Using the old style I used with my Wizards I'm putting better than I ever have. Such a clean release.

I made some huge putts last round from outside the circle and circles edge. Unfortunately they were all par saves.

How is the Luna for loft putting (that is the closest I can describe the horror that I call my putting style)?
This is my putt style but from between the legs instead of off to the side. I played this game my entire life but on slate boards (PA slate belt). It worked out well for me with the wizard, works even better with the Luna.

https://youtu.be/4uaw5sm-xN4

I had the same findings

agreed, they were overpriced....bigtime. A new electron putter cost like $12 and they were getting 20$ for these. sadly I still got a bunch haha. but I really like the luna so.....alright I guess

Hahaha, and I remember when we all talked about how overpriced Electron was at $12 for its (lack of) durability. Honestly, buying any baseline plastic for more than $10 just seems kind of ridiculous to me. But whatever; I'm not going to tell anyone not to spend their money on whatever makes them happy (and makes them putt well). Putting is a mental game, so if spending $20 per putter gives you the confidence to make putts, then more power to you. I'll just make mine a whole lot cheaper.

Latest posts