• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth Old School Challenge!

I just got a chance to watch the second video.

Paul, ever the promoter, says, "I have noticed that these discs don't go into the woods too often. And I don't think that has to do with our game."

That's some pretty good stuff right there. :D

I was amazed that there wasn't another thread before this one. Thanks for the GCR that is pretty awesome that he would do that.

BTW - http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/mcpro-aviar.html the blacks are back out

Off Topic: Anyways also just checked McBeth is ranked number 1 in the world yet Ricky still has a 1050 player rating. I gave up trying to figure that rankings out though.

These videos just make me want to play Cliff again! Last time I was there I was throwing a DX Stingray, until it went into the water on hole #10. I keep it old school :cool:

Video #2, 50 seconds in gets across the water on hole 16 with a dx banshee. That is 425 of water carry on that shot. Great shot Paul! Hard to appreciate that shot if you haven't ever played that hole.

Hole 18 around 12 minute...crushed the gazelle! Great shot.

Paul, will any of these make your bag after this round?

Last edited:
Anyone count how many 'Lance Armstrongs' they came across out there? I was laughing about that by the end.

Great vid. I just about lost it when he threw his roller "Dont hit the mormons!"

The first couple holes were rough for both of them with brand new discs. But by the end of the round, they had them figured out and threw some great shots

Damn I wanna play a round with Paul McBeth now. He looks like so much fun to play with in that video.

I have 2 problems with these videos.

1) Nobody had a mullet or was wearing zubaz.

2) Neither had a Sonic. Clearly, the Champ did not want to give away too many of his secrets when he recommended those discs. ;)

My favorite quote: "Can you tap that in for me?....Pretty sure that was legal back in the 90s."

man i don't even recognize that course anymore. we used to just throw big hyzers on hole one, around a big old tree to the pin. no sidewalk to worry about.