• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth Old School Challenge!

These vids made my night (I watchd 'em last night). Just shows that if you can throw, you can throw no matter THE mold OR plastic.I have several plastic types in my bag and my DX plastic is my go to in a few molds! I was also surprised how they thought some of the "Beginner" molds were going to be understable and crank off to the right on them. I shot my best two rounds at my home course today and some DX was thrown in both of them and they were old molds to boot! I used a Cheeta,Teebird, and my Avair P&A.

Cobras and Stingrays are still my mids. I recently added a Glow Gator for wind and spikes. Stingray is my all time favorite disc.

Liked this so much I watched a second time.

I think the archer vs. arrow debate can be put to rest.

I do like me some fresh DX.

Cobras and Stingrays are still my mids. I recently added a Glow Gator for wind and spikes. Stingray is my all time favorite disc.

I'm torn, but it's either the Stingray or Aviar that would be my favorite disc! :hfive:

I do like me some fresh DX.

Fresh DX is nice... but broken in DX is where it's at for me. :D

I'm still amazed at how effortless his throw looks. I wish my mechanics were half that good!

When you've got that much "pop" at the end of your pull, you don't have to work as hard for distance. Baseball pitchers rely on "whip" in their motion to deliver the baseball to the plate with power, and Bruce Lee could knock you out from an inch away because he could generate more speed in that inch than most people can in an arm's length. If only that kind of skill were as easy to learn as it is to admire. :clap:

Last edited:
best part of the video "Any Advice K Money" "Buy all the one time ROC3"

Is today's DX plastic different than the plastic they used to make Discs 20 years ago, or still exactly the same? I swear when I'm standing in the store today holding one it feels more slippery than a brand-new one felt 18 years ago. Is it just me?

Is today's DX plastic different than the plastic they used to make Discs 20 years ago, or still exactly the same? I swear when I'm standing in the store today holding one it feels more slippery than a brand-new one felt 18 years ago. Is it just me?

The DX discs I bought around 2000 feel completely different to me than the new ones. Much grippier and seem to wear much more slowly. But then again, it could just be my imagination...

Innova doesn't order in large enough quantities to designate a specific blend for each plastic type. Every blend has changed over time. The last DX TeeBird I had was rather soft, but the Polecat I'm throwing right now is firmer.

Innova doesn't order in large enough quantities to designate a specific blend for each plastic type.
crazy that our biggest company (by a mile) doesn't even order enough volume to assure a consistent product.

makes you realize how tiny of a blip we are in the grand scope of the plastics industry.

crazy that our biggest company (by a mile) doesn't even order enough volume to assure a consistent product.

makes you realize how tiny of a blip we are in the grand scope of the plastics industry.

As I sit here in a recliner that was made with plastic parts, typing on an iPad with a plastic body, with plastic on my car keys, plastic on my glasses, plastic in the clock on the wall, in every piece of furniture in the room, in the buttons of my clothes, in my shoes, in the water bottle on the table, in the TV, in the pads of the football players on TV, in the camera that records the game for TV, etc., I have to agree. And then I think about how reliant places like hospitals are on plastic products, and the impression grows.

In some regards, I think this is a good thing. Without being such a small blip on the radar, we would've never had pearly 11X KC Pro, Candy Pro, Jolly Launcher, Night Shift Star, XG Champ, grippy and gummy Pro, etc...

While it stinks that some really great blends have disappeared, with the introduction of Jolly Launcher, the future is looking pretty bright.

Current pro plastic reminds me most of what I remember dx being in the old days. Pro is more durable, but the grippiness and flexibility is pretty similar to the old dx.

Great videos. Paul almost nails one of the sickest jump putts i've ever seen right at about 5:20 in vid 2: "I dont know if KC used to hit this, but I know Ron Russell did"