• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth signs 10 year, $10 000 000 contract with Discraft

IDK if anyone else saw the #Makemoves Lunas, or his new hoodies, but DC seems to be capitalizing on everythign it can PM related. On a semi related note Big Z Lunas are now a stock item, and were also released as well as all the DC Elite Team's TS discs, except for PP and PM.

Just saw this thread last night. First...wow. Ten million bucks. I remember when people on here didn't believe he was making a couple hundred thousand a year, and now he's not just disc golf rich, but rich rich.

And second: Going back to the first page, it's surprising to see that people don't know he's Mexican. As a Mexican-American myself, it's sort of sad to see that's he's not widely recognized as such, but it's also pretty commonplace for us to fly under the radar, especially if the person in question doesn't look that "Mexican," or doesn't speak Spanish. (I don't think Paul is fluent in Spanish, but I could be wrong) But I have to admit that it's cool that the (arguably) best disc golfer ever is Latino.

Where did McBeth come from, father's side? Doesn't sound very Spanish.

I'd like to know where Halcon's information about Paul's heritage come from. Wikipedia (not the greatest source) and other places just list him as: Paul McBeth (born July 9, 1990) is an American professional disc golfer from Huntington Beach, California

So, American. Maybe there is something out there that shows his heritage...but I haven't found it.

I'd like to know where Halcon's information about Paul's heritage come from. Wikipedia (not the greatest source) and other places just list him as: Paul McBeth (born July 9, 1990) is an American professional disc golfer from Huntington Beach, California

So, American. Maybe there is something out there that shows his heritage...but I haven't found it.
The video at the start of this thread?

Plenty of Irish/Scottish people immigrated to Mexico. It's not uncommon to meet a Mexican or Mexican-American with an Irish/Scottish surname.

I'll take your word for it, I've never seen a Mexican with an Irish or Scottish surname and I've met plenty of Mexicans. I've heard of Germans and mormons immigrating to Mexico but not Irish/ Scottish.

The LVC favored big throwers. Paul can do that, but he's not the biggest thrower on the tour.

What I've seen is that PB can win on any type of course and is almost always in the mix. Most others are up and down.

But I agree that the competition is getting better and more at that high level. It's been discussed before, but DG was a side gig for most until recent years. With people making a living at it full time, players get better.

Casey's a real person.
He's not malicious.
He's just not like most people.

FWIW - his posting history just might help him become a verb or adjective on DGCR, kind of like Prerube.

The question was meant in jest, but thank you for the explanation.
I am not here as much as some of you so I am still in the 'confused' stage of Casey1988isms...

But then again it's been a confusing 12 months in general, so maybe it's me...

It's great but overall not for Paul

When I heard this news I was blown away! This is wonderful of course for McBETH & great for DG pro level players.

But look at the growth of the sport, especially since Covid! It's BOOMING!
Five years from now Paul will regret agreeing to such a long contract!

This is exactly like the famous Scottie Pippen deal!!

Paul will be more than comfortable of course but watch what happens over the next few years with players contracts, they will explode.

The question was meant in jest, but thank you for the explanation.
I am not here as much as some of you so I am still in the 'confused' stage of Casey1988isms...

But then again it's been a confusing 12 months in general, so maybe it's me...

haha, everyone is in the confused stage of Casey1988isms

When I heard this news I was blown away! This is wonderful of course for McBETH & great for DG pro level players.

But look at the growth of the sport, especially since Covid! It's BOOMING!
Five years from now Paul will regret agreeing to such a long contract!

This is exactly like the famous Scottie Pippen deal!!

Paul will be more than comfortable of course but watch what happens over the next few years with players contracts, they will explode.

I can see the obvious basketball/disc golf analogies. :| :|.....................:doh:

Scottie Pippen was an overpaid, sidekick to the best player in the game.....I think I also miss this analogy.

I can see the obvious basketball/disc golf analogies. :| :|.....................:doh:

Scottie Pippen was an overpaid, sidekick to the best player in the game.....I think I also miss this analogy.
You.. wai... wha...? Pippen was regarded, throughout his career, as drastically underpaid. This wasn't just the story from him, but was the opinion throughout the sport of basketball. In the last year of the Bulls dynasty Pippen was still, in a season in which he had already been a key piece to 5 championships, only the 122nd highest paid player in the NBA and 6th highest paid Bull. He was from a poor family - so signed an extra long deal after the draft (1987-88 - 1992-93, six years) for stability. He was scared of injury and ruining further gains so he negotiated a five year extension after year four when he had absolutely no leverage with free agency still two years away (tacking those on after the 92-93 season).

You can consider him overrated on the all-timer scale (I don't) - but to say he was overpaid seems to be wayyy off base.

I like the analogy as it related to Paul purely on a "you never know where the salary cap/market is gonna be in five years" level.

You.. wai... wha...? Pippen was regarded, throughout his career, as drastically underpaid. This wasn't just the story from him, but was the opinion throughout the sport of basketball. In the last year of the Bulls dynasty Pippen was still, in a season in which he had already been a key piece to 5 championships, only the 122nd highest paid player in the NBA and 6th highest paid Bull. He was from a poor family - so signed an extra long deal after the draft (1987-88 - 1992-93, six years) for stability. He was scared of injury and ruining further gains so he negotiated a five year extension after year four when he had absolutely no leverage with free agency still two years away (tacking those on after the 92-93 season).

You can consider him overrated on the all-timer scale (I don't) - but to say he was overpaid seems to be wayyy off base.

I like the analogy as it related to Paul purely on a "you never know where the salary cap/market is gonna be in five years" level.

You don't have many friends, do you? You ruin parties on a regular basis, don't you?

Disc golf is no where close to the NBA. The analogy is dumb.

You don't have many friends, do you? You ruin parties on a regular basis, don't you?

Disc golf is no where close to the NBA. The analogy is dumb.

Disc Golf and basketball both involve putting an object in a basket. Ergo, analogy is valid. :|

:|

*ponders*

OMD has the wrong idea about making the sport harder for pros. Screw smaller baskets.
Imagine if players had to defend.

Nevermind. That's what trees, bushes and water are for.