• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pdga disciplinary report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the discipline committee and have been since 2007. While I can't comment on anything particular, if anyone ever has questions regarding general things or proceedures, feel free to post.

What's fraud? Playing while suspended or fraud is usually the cause for suspension?

Playing while suspended is basically fraud.

While I don't agree with a 10 year penalty with it personally, that precident has been set and not following it would be highly unfair.

What typically leads to a suspension? And why is the penalty for playing while suspended so harsh (10 years).

The reason for suspension is right on the list, unless you're looking for more specific instances/examples of unsportsmanlike behavior. I believe it takes more than one such offense to warrant a suspension unless the offense is really significant. They almost always start with being disqualified from an event.

I know a couple of the lengthy unsportsmanlike suspensions are habitual offenders...guys that just act like total jackasses and are more or less unapologetic for it. At least one suspension (this was years ago and I don't see him on the list any longer) involved a guy playing Worlds while tweaked out on a variety of drugs and physically threatening other players, one of whom was a buddy of mine. He had to write a letter describing the player's actions for the discipline committee and everything.

As for the competing while suspended penalty...I think it's obvious. The player is suspended. He knows he's suspended. He knows when he's allowed to return. To cross that line and sneak into a tournament takes a willful defiance and I don't think that's the kind of thing an organization wants to tolerate if it is going to maintain any authority at all. It should be dealt with harshly. Note there are only three instances on the list, one of which is really old (I think Dave Mellen has been suspended since before I knew of the existence of the PDGA).

Did they play under a different name and got caught or did the TD not check and when results were turned in the gig was up?

Did they play under a different name and got caught or did the TD not check and when results were turned in the gig was up?

Each instance is different. Once again, can't get into specifics.

I would think, personally, that scorecard manipulation would warrant a longer suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.