• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Major: 2022 PDGA Champions Cup Apr 14-17

No forehands for McBeth at TDTM due to an elbow injury. Hopefully he's able to rest up between now and this new major.

No forehands for McBeth at TDTM due to an elbow injury. Hopefully he's able to rest up between now and this new major.

Hoping for him to make a full recovery, however him being forced to throw some nifty turnovers and stretched out kneeling shots was a thing of beauty during R1 of TDTM. It may end up helping his overall game. Seems like he's been more comfortable leaning on forehand for left to rights shots since being able to use a zone, however this will force him to keep all those finesse shots still dialed in.

Is it a normal format? I thought I heard somewhere it wouldn't be just simple stroke play but not sure

Is it a normal format? I thought I heard somewhere it wouldn't be just simple stroke play but not sure

I "think" they revised it because players were very opposed to match play format for a major.

I "think" they revised it because players were very opposed to match play format for a major.

More opposed to wiping out any lead from the stroke play, and start from zero for the match play. An entirely match play format would probably fly.

We revised the format based on feedback from a combination of event staff, PDGA staff, media, sponsors and the Pro Tour Players committee.

The event is 4 rounds of stroke play, not cut, etc.

If there are disc golf laws, it's a crime that some years there are no Houck designs on tour.
I don't think it helped his cause when Harmony Bends was underwater last year, and the Mid-America tournament had to be moved.

I don't think it helped his cause when Harmony Bends was underwater last year, and the Mid-America tournament had to be moved.

Whose case? Houck was not asked to perform a hydrological analysis of the land. He was hired to design a golf course on land that was known to flood.

Sounds like the organizers of the Mid-America --the ones who gambled that weather would be cooperative -- have a bit more to answer for there.

I'm glad that we're going to get to see some golf at Jackson this year.

We revised the format based on feedback from a combination of event staff, PDGA staff, media, sponsors and the Pro Tour Players committee.

The event is 4 rounds of stroke play, not cut, etc.

Thanks—I read something on Ultiworld, but too lazy to look it up. I knew there was some pushback on the format. I remember Uli talking about it on a video, don't remember where/when that was.

"They" just meant I didn't know specifically who it was that revised the format. PDGA or DGPT or collaborative.

I'm oogling this course just from the practice holes (and everyone seems to keep posting the front 9, I've barely seen any of the back 9).

Watch the practice round, or don't watch the practice round - completely up to you. But...

DEFINITELY go to the 18:12 mark, and listen to the next two minutes of dialogue between Jerm and Uli. Perhaps some of the best advice you'll ever hear about how to be prepared for pressure putts.

Little guy in the orange shorts...

the "mosquito"...

Brad Hammock?

Anyone know?

I was wondering the same thing and then Uli said "thanks Brad". i haven't seen him in person since a tournament in 95" but i am betting that's him. he probably wouldn't recognize me either ��

Latest posts