• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Major: 2022 PDGA Champions Cup Apr 14-17

Caddie rules are in the Competition Manual which is handled by the Competition Committee.

The Rules Committee handles the Official Rules of Disc Golf and associated Q&As.
THANK YOU for this clarification. I've been studying this issue very closely all week and you are the first person that I have seen to point this out so clearly. Podcasters like Terry Miller, Ultiworld article authors, and even most of the people directly involved have never mentioned this very relevant point. [Even though I'm a huge fan of Elaine, I never heard her mention this in her interview. I may be wrong, but she did not seem to be aware of this distinction. If I am wrong about that then please let me know.]

Mr. Krupicka, do I understand this to mean that the penalties for this infraction are not covered by the ORDG and that the penalty can only be found in the Competition Manual?

The only issue I see with a caddy is not everyone can afford one.

Doesn't really change my mind. Im okay with them having A caddy or one person with them for the round. But I'm not a fan when I see these big clusters of people.

Yes, they can. I've been able to get caddies when I am out of town just by offering a few brand new discs. Since all the DGPT players could do the same, I think they can

Yes, they can. I've been able to get caddies when I am out of town just by offering a few brand new discs. Since all the DGPT players could do the same, I think they can

I considered that. Someone to carry your bag is not the same as a caddy IMO.

But I'd agree that anyone on the pro tour could get someone to carry the bag for pretty much nothing.

You really didnt have to link to another event. You could claim Tattar would have won the Champ Cup if she had a caddy and took the tying par on 18 based on the percent of shanked drives that Pierce has on wooded courses.

...who knows. Someone said Pierce indicated her caddy saved her double digit strokes at Champs Cup. She must have not had one at Jonesboro.

my comments have nothing to do with Kristin's specific situation, and everything to do with caddies in general.

Are you not able to enforce Rule 3.03 B. "If a player violates the above standard, the Tournament Director may opt, in their sole discretion, to issue a tournament warning for a first offense (except as specified in 3.03.C). Otherwise, the Tournament Director will immediately disqualify the player.
The caddie rule is not a Courtesy violation so section 3 does not apply here.
I have been told by the most reputable source that 1.13D of the Competition Manual in Youth Safety is the relevant rule. The correct penalty, according to the letter of the rules, was to remove the underage caddie from the group inside the ropes, and that was what was done.

Just out of curiosity and maybe this was covered earlier, but who was the other adult who was appointed to watch over kristens daughter when she was demoted from "caddy" status to quiet sign status?

In this youtube video by BergNerd that is his way of summarize "Elainegate"/"Caddiegate" in a funny way he actually use the DGPT footage to identify some of the key points and persons and among them points out the Haley "adult supervisor" friend ("the Stranger"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45T2PrR7irA

Latest posts