• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA members on DGCR

Dave242

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I did a quick count to see how many PDGA members are on DGCR. This includes anyone with their PDGA # field filled in.

3,330 of 40,317 (8.3%) have a PDGA number listed.

Here is a breakdown by PDGA number range:
Code:
[B]Count	PDGA Number Range[/B]
173	500-10,000
262	10,000's
410	20,000's
787	30,000's
1022	40,000's
652	50,000's
4	60,000's

IW8simF.gif

That's actually a higher percentage than I would have guessed based on responses to forum threads. I wonder if there are a lot of people who are PDGA members and who only use the course directory without posting much.

I'm a member but don't list my #

There are probably quite a few PDGA members who have not filled in that field. And there are quite a few people who have filled in the field with bogus numbers (that's the reason I started at 500 rather than at Steady Ed).

I bet there are quite a few that haven't entered their PDGA # to remain anonymous, if nothing else. There are quite a few that haven't even provided a clue as to where they live, other than the courses they've played and not all members even bother with that.

Keeping track of courses played is the original reason I actually joined - I'd been hanging around as a visitor, reading reviews, threads, and using the site to find courses for a while, but when my I started bagging more courses, I realized it made sense to join to keep track.

Slightly off topic: How many of the 40K+ DGCR members are still active (have logged in within the past 6-12 months or so)?

Also, how the heck do you compile all the data you do? Is there an easy way to dump screen data into excel?

Last edited:
We need to get that number higher. I see alot of ppl playing tourneys and there not current or they dont have a pdga number. If u dont play tourneys just think of the membership as a donation to the sport u love, seeing as most courses are free to play, its still a good deal. Plus they started having ratings for weekely leagues, so its a great way to keep track of your progress and consistency.

How can we get sponsors to commit money if we cant chip in our own. At 50-70$ a year its still cheaper than almost any other sport.

The pdga sux. They do not represent me and they dumped on many of its members.
I will never renew.

Also, how the heck do you compile all the data you do? Is there an easy way to dump screen data into excel?

Mostly it is very easy. You enter the filter parameters and read the summary number. It took me more time to take this screenshot and convert it to a .jpg than it did to compile the numbers at the top of this thread.

Notice how I have the "PDGA #" filtered in the 10,000 - 20,000 range and how the "262 Members Found" is at the top right of the data? That's the main magic!

attachment.php

Sometimes it is more painstaking where I copy-paste screens/tables into Excel. But I have no secret hooks into the database (I wish I did sometimes).

Attachments

• search.jpg
    search.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 278
Slightly off topic: How many of the 40K+ DGCR members are still active (have logged in within the past 6-12 months or so)?

I can't figure out how to determine that.....but of 9,260 members have at least 1 post (23%), 4,200 have at least 10 (10.4%), 1,666 have at least 100 (4%), 310 have at least 1,000 (0.77% - we're the "1 percenters"), 5 have over 10,000

Can you name at least 3 of the 5 without looking it up?

Dang, can't come up with two more. BroD maybe?