• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA members on DGCR

Not a PDGA member. I play almost every day on my lunch break and would like to play in some tournaments. But they take up too much family time and money and would cause me to miss church. Maybe when my daughter is older we can play some tournaments together.

midnight and solomontrenton have to be up there.

edit: I was 1/2 right. :\

Last edited:
We need to get that number higher. I see alot of ppl playing tourneys and there not current or they dont have a pdga number. If u dont play tourneys just think of the membership as a donation to the sport u love, seeing as most courses are free to play, its still a good deal.
It is perhaps to someone who has $50 to burn on that. I can understand the perspective of someone who doesn't do a lot of competitive golf not wanting to fork over their money to an organization that doesn't really serve their needs beyond equipment standards and promotion, particularly when that money would be better used going to a local club or buying more discs.

If people want to give the PDGA out of some semblance of support by their own will, by all means, but insisting that everyone who plays regularly do that so they can bump their numbers up is silly, and to me dilutes the PDGA's focus from what it does well, and should continue doing.

I keep thinking I should be more active on the PDGA discussion forums rather than here since I am a member and then I just fail epically to do so. I found this first but will support the PDGA. Not to mention I play way too many tournaments a year not to be a member. And of course I play the tournaments that require you to be a member.

#11653 and current.
I run a handfull of PDGA events so I have to be a member.
Never had an issue with them in the 20something years I've been a member.

It's not surprising to see vastly more non-PDGA-members on this site. Disc golf is enjoyed on many different levels, and formal organized competition is only one of them.

One marvellous thing about this site is its breadth. There's something for everyone so that, even though I have zero interest in 95% of the features and forum threads, there's enough in the other 5% that I'm here constantly.

PDGA #12120 (current)

We need to get that number higher. I see alot of ppl playing tourneys and there not current or they dont have a pdga number. If u dont play tourneys just think of the membership as a donation to the sport u love, seeing as most courses are free to play, its still a good deal. Plus they started having ratings for weekely leagues, so its a great way to keep track of your progress and consistency.

How can we get sponsors to commit money if we cant chip in our own. At 50-70$ a year its still cheaper than almost any other sport.

No thanks. Contributing to the local club = good in my mind. Non tournament player = no need for PDGA donation.

It would be more interesting to see the mean rating of all the PDGA players here on DGCR.

Latest posts