• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2019 Las Vegas Challenge

Calvin Heimburg totally falling apart in 4th round, down to only a 1 stroke lead.

I probably would too thats a lot of pressure.

I think the time thing is a non-factor. In my experience, while lower-rated players like him might be throwing more shots, they're also not taking as much time between their throws as most pros do. So whatever extra time those throws take is negligible in the overall pace of the tournament.

As for the players within his group, considering everyone's grouped by score, they're usually not all that far off his scoring pace to begin with. Just looking at his round 2 group (since it's easy enough to determine by sorting round 1), he played with two players who shot 80 and 83 to his 95. Sure it's a lot of strokes but the average is still less than a throw per hole and it's not that unusual to have that kind of spread on a card. Sexton beat one of his second round cardmates by 11. Nikko beat two of his cardmates by 12. One extra throw relative to the group adds maybe 20-30 seconds to the total play time of a hole. Hardly that noticeable when you're playing.

Fair point. I think what I've done here is compared to it to when I am playing! :doh:

I've never been too excited about live coverage before, but checking UDisc has me really wishing this round were being broadcast for viewing right now.

Can everyone finally admit that Eric Oakley is better than us;)

Shout out to young local rookie talent Callie McMorran on her top 10 finish:thmbup: Newly sponsored, She's on tour with DD to kick off this year. Wish I could say I gave her a ton of pointers along the way; tough minded, athletic, and cool enough to tolerate and hang with my kinda riffraff:D