• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Up a couple, back to 963 where I think I started the year. Summer PDGA League went in so that was a nice boost, fairly consistent 980ish rounds with a 1020 as well.

Up to 920. Last time i posted i must have misread. Been just playing advanced but only 15 more points before its mandatory.

Have atleast 3 pdga events coming up so Im pretty sure I can handle that.

There is nothing better than having your rating go up two days in a row!!
Monday 965
Tuesday 966
Today 970

Chuck:
I see they corrected mistakes from Ledgestone and other A-Tiers with pools, but the I'm confident the same issue happened to US Masters. Now way I shot a 1024 rated round #3... and then a 793 for a +5 on a par 58 on the last day.

I love the high rated round, but it was only 989 unofficial. That's a HUGE difference. And I've never shot a sub-800 in my life. That one dropped nearly 70 points?? Just feels like the pools issue struck this tourney too and it was missed.

Pretty sure the last round of Advanced GM was rated against Sugaw Creek for all players where the bottom 30 played a par 54 course. The top 60 played at Kilbourne where par was 58. Same thing for other other rounds.

926, based on 9 rounds. My most recent was a 980 rating at Vision Quest, I was happy with that.
I know I can do better, but my first PDGA events I was still a little bit of a newbie with competition.

This might help sort out the problem with recent ratings for Tim Selinske. Only MM1 and MG1 were split into different pools all week. It sure does seem like the same course was used for everyone each round for ratings. I can tell because the original pools were split by rating and in round #1, a 52 by a 933 rated player is the same as a 52 by an 875 rated player who were playing DIFFERENT courses that day.

The unofficial ratings were closer to reality because the different pools were honored, but the official ratings put everyone on the same course each round.

Selinske Pools

It's being adjusted in the next update. Initially didn't catch that some divisions had pools that were shuffled.

Ratings are up. Down 3 to 875 but I am still 2 points ahead of a local 12yr old..... man I need to lose some weight and practice...

Finished the season at my all time high (916). Bummed about one of my ratings. Just bugs me when I see someone shoot the same course as I did and get 12 points more for the same score. What are you gonna do!?

Sitting at 875 right now, only one tournament played, and will likely only be one played this year. Next year I'm considering trying a few more, just didn't have much feel for the tournament scene in the rec division. Wanna get solid enough to play in Open eventually and see if that's any better.

Back down to 899. Frickin' leagues on a stupid short course in the middle of a city. I'll never do that again...ratings get completely jacked by the throngs that play only that course every damn day.

Latest posts