• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

This will probably be the first drop in quite a while, although I don't see it being more than a few points down.

I just read this on the PDGA facebook page:

"Professional Disc Golf Association
Ratings update tomorrow! Reply to this post with your PDGA number and your FB username. Later this week we will post a list of everyone who replied ordered by rating! We are doing the same thing for Twitter too so check out @PDGA and send a tweet to them with your member number.

Not sure if you have a FB username? Check your Account Settings. Username is the 2nd option down on the General tab. We will only be posting usernames so this is an important step if you want to be included!"

So although the ratings have consistently been coming a day or two early recently, this one seems as if it will come right on the day they said it will.

Ratings update tomorrow! Reply to this post with your PDGA number and your FB username. Later this week we will post a list of everyone who replied ordered by rating! We are doing the same thing for Twitter too so check out @PDGA and send a tweet to them with your member number.

Not sure if you have a FB username? Check your Account Settings. Username is the 2nd option down on the General tab. We will only be posting usernames so this is an important step if you want to be included!"
What exactly would be the point of that? Do I really want to know some guy in Ohio or Sweeden is rated 63 points above me?
:confused:

So although the ratings have consistently been coming a day or two early recently, this one seems as if it will come right on the day they said it will.
I don't think they've been coming early. In the far eastern part of the world, where the PDGA may perhaps have a few members, by the time we see the results here in the U.S. supposedly on the day before, it is already the day of the update there.

This doesn't mean anything. The official date of rating change is tomorrow. I know for a fact that the person running the PDGA Facebook/Twitter accounts is not directly affiliated with the PDGA website or ratings updates.

That being said, they could still update tomorrow. I'm just suggesting that you not base your assumption on what the social networking sites say.

What exactly would be the point of that? Do I really want to know some guy in Ohio or Sweeden is rated 63 points above me?

Marketing... that's the point of ALL social media. They make it a game, more people follow them on FB or Twitter, they promote events through such site, then more people play DG.

Yeah. I'm not too sure of the point of it. It doesn't mean that much to me either.

I don't think they've been coming early. In the far eastern part of the world, where the PDGA may perhaps have a few members, by the time we see the results here in the U.S. supposedly on the day before, it is already the day of the update there.

Being a US based organization, I would assume that they would use US times and dates. Whatever.

This doesn't mean anything. The official date of rating change is tomorrow. I know for a fact that the person running the PDGA Facebook/Twitter accounts is not directly affiliated with the PDGA website or ratings updates.

That being said, they could still update tomorrow. I'm just suggesting that you not base your assumption on what the social networking sites say.

I'm just passing on what I read because it seemed as if some people were sort of expecting the update today. That's all. :)

i never expected it the day of, until i found out it had become 'normal' to have them a day early. just miffed that I went to look at them the day early, and naturally, no luck

Caught a few errors related to processing Worlds data just before posting earlier today which is always a challenge with all the pools. Ratings maybe posted tonight although tomorrow morning more likely.

This is a little off topic, but how long does it take for "unofficial results" of a tourney to become official? I played in an event July 30 and they're still unofficial. Will that affect my rating change?

If the results are unofficial, it means that either the TD did not send in the official TD report (which is different than uploading scores), or he did not pay the fees. Contact the TD. Either way, that event will not be part of your rating until the tournament does go official.

More errors found in the Worlds pool assignments. Looks like after lunch before ratings posted today.

If the results are unofficial, it means that either the TD did not send in the official TD report (which is different than uploading scores), or he did not pay the fees. Contact the TD. Either way, that event will not be part of your rating until the tournament does go official.

I have been known to send an email to a td after the event is over(Sunday night) to explain to them that their job isn't complete and they need to have their official report turned in by a specific date in order to have the ratings show up in the next update. Of course I start out with some praise and a little smokescreen about how great the event turned out. Sometimes a little push is all they need.

BigNasty - pdga fails again....
Call them on it when they do, but this is not the case. Ratings have been delivered on or ahead of schedule for at least 6 or 7 years now.