• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

All good ideas that have been on the back burner for a few years now. TDs get contacted regularly from PDGA HQ so it's not like the PDGA is just sitting back and waiting for tardy reports. Maybe you haven't seen the sanctioning document TDs sign off on just to host an event? Take a look at page 3: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2011SanctionAgreementV1-3.pdf which includes some of your check off items. the PDGA office has a similar checklist for TDs getting reports and fees submitted. TDs have regularly been downgraded in the tier of event they are allowed to host (or not allowed to host again) due to missing some of these goals. For the past 5 years now, all reports have been submitted by yearend if not before.

Any tournaments more than 365 days older than the date of your most recently rated event get dropped unless you have less than 8 rounds in the past year.

Only up 7 from the last ratings. Not bad considering I played one tourney with a bum shoulder, and I've moved up from an 819 to an 878 over only four tournaments, I'm happy!

I meant to say that I am only going to play in B tier tournaments. Anything below that, at least in this area is a scam put on by the TD to take our money and force us to buy his products from him at over retail pricing with "cash" that can only be spent with him. No matter what, he wins. Same setup with B tier through the guy, but at least the payout is greater than 10 bucks over entry fee for a first place finish. Oh, he does give one disc that no one wants with stamps that make the innova factory stamp look sweet.

Last edited:
Spatula, I know exactly who you're talking about, and you're completely right. I try to not play in any of his, but some of the larger tourneys are ok, but yeah, no C tier from that guy.

Down two points. Not like I didn't see that coming. Been getting worse for over a year now.

Beaver Jam is Charlotte didn't show up. Is it possible that the pdga messed up? Seems like the TD is saying on the CDGC forum that it should have been included.

I went up from 879 to 908. I was expecting 893 so I'm baffled but happy I guess. It'll probably go down the next time though. Somebody told me at the last tournament that extreme outliers are not counted. Is this true?

I went up from 879 to 908. I was expecting 893 so I'm baffled but happy I guess. It'll probably go down the next time though. Somebody told me at the last tournament that extreme outliers are not counted. Is this true?

Only the lower extremes. Any round rated more than 100 points lower than your rating is not counted. Also any more than 2.5 standard deviations lower than the average of your rounds from the past year.... If you want to do math on that. The most recent 25% of your rounds in the past year get double weighted.