• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

First year playing disc golf competitively and after my first two tournaments I managed an 874.
It's good for me as I didn't really have any expectations going into it, but for 2013 my goal is to break 935 and maybe play a couple in the advanced division.

that's good shooting on your behalf. Any thoughts on going pro?

Thanks, Chris! Maybe.

I played Open in the Lake Reidsville Open this past weekend; finished dead last, but had a great time and threw some good rounds. Got to play with Gallops, Koling, and Charlie Coleman at various points. I may play Open this coming weekend at Forest Hills. But considering where I live, butted up against NC? Most of the nearby tourneys fill up with guys like MJ, TG, Big Jerm, Schwebe... so even though I am throwing well and can pop out a 1000+ rated round once in a blue moon, I'm having trouble doing it round after round. Granted, I'm not about the winning as much as the competing. I finished 24 throws behind MJ this past weekend; however, since 1027-973 = 54 = 5-6 throws difference each round, the finish was what my rating and his predicted would happen, almost to the throw.

My current "plan" is to stick it out in Am for maybe a year or two, mostly because in 2014, I'll be 39 and could play Masters at Worlds. It would be nice to make a run at a "World Champion" title before thinking about going the pro route. But you never know.

Had a 982 and 951, still only up to 924 from 915

Did poorly the month before, I'll be hurting for the next year.

Thanks, Chris! Maybe.

I played Open in the Lake Reidsville Open this past weekend; finished dead last, but had a great time and threw some good rounds. Got to play with Gallops, Koling, and Charlie Coleman at various points. I may play Open this coming weekend at Forest Hills. But considering where I live, butted up against NC? Most of the nearby tourneys fill up with guys like MJ, TG, Big Jerm, Schwebe... so even though I am throwing well and can pop out a 1000+ rated round once in a blue moon, I'm having trouble doing it round after round. Granted, I'm not about the winning as much as the competing. I finished 24 throws behind MJ this past weekend; however, since 1027-973 = 54 = 5-6 throws difference each round, the finish was what my rating and his predicted would happen, almost to the throw.

My current "plan" is to stick it out in Am for maybe a year or two, mostly because in 2014, I'll be 39 and could play Masters at Worlds. It would be nice to make a run at a "World Champion" title before thinking about going the pro route. But you never know.

Ken, i'm never going to tell any amateur when it's time for them to move up. I just asked because I was at an event on Sunday and the advanced player that won announced he was going pro. He was 973 rated at the time and has fallen back into the 960's after the update. I chose to rush through the advanced division and go pro and have never had any second thoughts about it. In my 20yrs of disc golf I have seen many players make bad choices. Some go pro too soon and because they don't improve and never cash they quit. Others hang onto their am status with hopes of being an am champ one day. How many of today's top players were remembered as 3 or 4 year bagging Ams? I think you will know when you are ready. Good luck.

woohoo, up 4 to 942, breaking the 940 mark for the first time ever! and made the top 5 AM's in Ontario ... too bad I go MPM next year LOL. I'm happy finishing my AM career on a plus :)

Ken, i'm never going to tell any amateur when it's time for them to move up. I just asked because I was at an event on Sunday and the advanced player that won announced he was going pro. He was 973 rated at the time and has fallen back into the 960's after the update. I chose to rush through the advanced division and go pro and have never had any second thoughts about it. In my 20yrs of disc golf I have seen many players make bad choices. Some go pro too soon and because they don't improve and never cash they quit. Others hang onto their am status with hopes of being an am champ one day. How many of today's top players were remembered as 3 or 4 year bagging Ams? I think you will know when you are ready. Good luck.

Thanks, man. I believe you're right. I feel comfortable as an amateur, no matter how many "bagger" comments come my way, but I am confident that I will move up to pro someday. I've made some goals at this point that I hope I will be able to achieve, but I'll have fun either way. I enjoy the hell out of the game, and I've been happy with getting better. I appreciate your thoughts!

I just played my first tournament! When do I get my first rating? Will it be an average of the two rounds I played? Sorry for the noob questions! :D

Next Ratings update is Dec 18th. You'll get a rating if the TD gets the report to the PDGA by Dec 4th and it will be an average of those two rounds.

First "new ratings" response for the December update!

+1 to 974. Still proud that my rating has never gone DOWN at any update!

892!

I started playing Jan 2012 and played my first tourny in July. This update is my first rating and only has the first 2 of the 3 events I have played. My last event this year I took 1st in rec with some pretty decent rounds, I'm quite happy with 892 but looking forward to the next update.

Im up 923 points to..................................... 923
First rating debating emailing them to get some of my older tournaments added on for the next update

Latest posts