• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Dropped by a point, which I'm not very happy about. However, I only have myself to blame by playing tournaments in February and March on courses I've never played before and with no practice. Not exactly a recipe for success.

I hope the pdga can go back and make the correction using the par for long layout instead of short

Par does not affect the ratings. Layout played might, if different divisions played different layouts....or, perhaps, if rounds played on different layouts were combined.

Meanwhile, the PDGA continues to meticulously document my decline. Thanks a lot.

I hope the pdga can go back and make the correction using the par for long layout instead of short
TD report shows every division playing the whites in R3. Sounds like Open may have played the Blues? Relayed the info to PDGA HQ to get checked and corrected.

Last edited:
TD report shows every division playing the whites in R3. Sounds like Open may have played the Blues? Relayed the info to PDGA HQ to get checked and corrected.

^yessir, Open played long layout, par 63. All other divisions played short layout, par 58. Thanks for your help!

Can anyone give a quick tip/lesson on how to calculate your rating? I know it's supposed to include the rounds from the last year, but how to calculate/average it? I have more than 8 rounds in the last year...

^ I think a certain amount of your most recent rounds get double weighted, right? I think its the most recent 25%. They also drop any rounds that are rated well below your average.... I have two 700 rated rounds with a 790something being counted and a 760something not being counted.

Last edited:
Ya I think that's what I'm confused about, the most recent rounds being double weighted? None of my rounds were 100 points below my rating. Reason I'm asking, is because two TD's didn't turn in the paperwork in time :doh:

Can anyone give a quick tip/lesson on how to calculate your rating? I know it's supposed to include the rounds from the last year, but how to calculate/average it? I have more than 8 rounds in the last year...

Just average all your rounds together and that should give you a fairly good ballpark estimate, probably within 5-10 points. Unless you're on the borderline between MA1 and MA2 or something and you need your exact rating to tell you which division to play, estimating within 5-10 points should be enough to get by on.

Was just wondering how the league rounds work. Are they all tied together? The leagues I played were 10week and fell across multiple updates. So do those ratings fall off from the date there were made official or when the individual rounds were played?

Was just wondering how the league rounds work. Are they all tied together? The leagues I played were 10week and fell across multiple updates. So do those ratings fall off from the date there were made official or when the individual rounds were played?

I believe it's based on the final date of the league and the whole league is treated like a tournament. So all rounds go into the average together and they all come off the average together when the event ages out.

Lmao thanks to some baggers in my second to last tournament (most recent one didn't make the deadline) my rating dropped a whopping 21 points to 885. I finished UNDER 1 for the tourney too. :(

Bagging (however you define it) doesn't impact ratings one iota. Nor does par.

Bloodbath at the Memorial followed by good play the following weekend left me exactly the same at 992. I'm happy to stay the same as bad as I played in Arizona.

I dropped 7 points. That's what I get for bringing the weakness to the 1 tournament I've played this year. Played 2 terrible rounds and didn't come back on Sunday so I got 999 for rounds 3 and 4. Lame on my part. I've got a lot tournaments planned for the rest of the year so I'll climb back. Have to keep my head game strong.