• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

I'm up 14 points after my first event this year. I'll be moving up to advanced for the rest of the year too, hope my rating continues to climb and justify that decision. Rating is at 914 after the update, would love to reach 935 by years end.

Played my first event of the year this passed weekend. Two sub 900 rounds... so bad...

Rating will probably take a dip next update.

And what's with the new renewal dog tag? The only key chains I have on my ring with my keys are my 5 renewal tags, and this new one throws it all off. I liked the basic, embossed, single color tags. Humbug.

Played my first event of the year this passed weekend. Two sub 900 rounds... so bad...

Rating will probably take a dip next update.

And what's with the new renewal dog tag? The only key chains I have on my ring with my keys are my 5 renewal tags, and this new one throws it all off. I liked the basic, embossed, single color tags. Humbug.
08 is my oldest, 08 and 09 throw off the scheme already. Not sure if I like the new style or not yet, it definitely is shinier.

So I know my profile says I've played for quite a while but 90% of that time was spent drinking and not paying attention to anything. The past year or so has been spent really trying to improve my game and this is the first year I got a PDGA number and just got my first rating.

754 between 2 rounds at one of the events. First round was rated 789 and the second was 716. First round I felt great about my game and was playing quite well. Second round there were 3 holes that left me in a bit of a sour mood. Those holes scored 7/7/6 and were constant tree hits. Couldn't get it out of my head the rest of the round so it suffered. I imagine that my rating would have been near 800 without those errors.

My goal by August ratings is to have 800. I'm gonna be practicing quite a bit until then!

I gained 5 to 850, while shooting my first 900+ round (925), in a run for the top 5 from the bottom card. Still ended up 10 back of an unofficial 932 player in MA2. I really need to drop my 791 and 801 rounds (played a very BH-dominant course FH-only due to a finger injury), though my 877 and 861 rounds will drop also.

Down 3 to 939 :|

My recent 938, 948, 955 rounds will counter that a little.

For a PDGA league, do the ratings not go official until the entire league is over? Or is it round by round?

Down 3 to 939 :|

My recent 938, 948, 955 rounds will counter that a little.

For a PDGA league, do the ratings not go official until the entire league is over? Or is it round by round?
They go in at once when the report is submitted but they come off individually by the date played.

I try not to care, but a part of me does. I went from 921 to 918, but the majority of my rounds have been above that. The pros killed it last year at CCO, so, despite playing competitively in my division, I have four sub 900 rounds on record. That is what is killing my rating. I look back at all the rounds no longer being counted, and I shake my head at all the 930-970 rounds being excluded.

Up 14. It helps that two of my highest rounds were in a Saturday only event recently (partly aided by a small sample size and a layout that favored my game). It also helps that my lowest round (in a local weekly) was well below 2.5 standard deviations down. I don't really think I deserved the bump, but then I didn't think I really deserved the drop in the previous rating.

+5 again to 948. The trending in the correct direction continues after hitting lowest rating ever last year at 912

-19 to 950, this is what happens when you only play a couple tournaments per year. Big swings!

It could go the other way for you if you just happen to be playing your best golf on those few tourney rounds. I only played a couple of tournaments in 2018-19 and went from 926 to 967.

It could go the other way for you if you just happen to be playing your best golf on those few tourney rounds. I only played a couple of tournaments in 2018-19 and went from 926 to 967.

Yea my last three ratings are 905, 969, 950. One good or bad tournament really moves the needle.

+5 to exactly 900!

My first time to hit that number for an overall rating. Now to see if I can not only hold it, but move it up a bit.

Started playing in December 2018, played a B and a C tier this summer in MA2 without having played any of the courses prior. I ended up with an 839 for my first rating, which might not be much but I'm pretty proud of it :)

Latest posts