• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pictures (warning post contains pictures)

that course does look awsome, and the coyote kitchen disc is super sweet

ryangwillim said:
EI_mphi02.jpg

Emerald Isle Disc Golf Course

IS that on a Ball golf course?? I see the tight cut grass to the upper right of the basket area...

Played a round at Lakeview Park in Sarasota on Wednesday. Here's a bird hanging out by the hole 15 basket.

3528798283_26627de141.jpg

Hole 17 is nice and straight but the trees create a low tunnel partway to the basket

3528798757_e8ba241e32.jpg

Hole 18 is a bit tricky. The arrow points to the gap you have to hit, it was probably around 200 feet from the tee; the basket is to the right of the gap.

3535256892_433e02818b.jpg

This is the view from the beginning of that gap. If you end up short, or hit something to the sides that knocks the disc down, you end up in the water here. I think it was several feet deep there and if it goes much to the right you're in the lake (which isn't exactly crystal clear).

3528798937_2999bd3816.jpg

Played a new course today called Hornings Hideout. It's about 20 miles west of Portland. It's private and has a very short pitch and putt 18 and another long 18. I played the short course since I took my Mom to play a round. It was a fun course. Lots of elevation, Peacocks and cool dogs all over the place. Also he baskets are homemade and are lit at night.

Picture1-18.png

horningshideout-9104.jpg

horningshideout-9112.jpg

horningshideout-9114.jpg

horningshideout-9116.jpg

horningshideout-9123.jpg

horningshideout-9125.jpg

horningshideout-9127.jpg

horningshideout-9128.jpg

horningshideout-9131.jpg

horningshideout-9135.jpg

And there is a third course, yes I said third course, under construction right now. Bob (the owner) is doing it to gold T pdga standard. He is going to ship one of his baskets to pdga for certification, talk about a tourney location; camping, lots of golf, 3 day string summit in June, heck fishing if you want to. And just 12 short miles from my driveway.

Snapped a couple of pictures with my phone while playing a tournament in Des Moines this past weekend. In both pictures I added a disc for scale purposes.

While getting ready to climb a tree to get down a disc I discovered the mother of all thorns.
IMG00317.jpg

This tree was right next to the one I was climbing, so I had to take extra care not to fall :lol:

Then after looking for my disc in some rough I stumbled upon this little fawn:

IMG00314.jpg

I thought it was dead at first, but then I saw it move its ears and breathe. I felt it and it was very warm to the touch. I guess it was just hiding.