• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pike's grab-bag sale: What did you get?

I don't think so. $20 for 3 discs is a good deal. Every disc shipped is a hard to find disc. I just think people will need to give the plastic that they are unfamiliar with a shot and throw it before judging it. My local buyers are loving how the millennium discs fly.

Let me elaborate, I don't mean you were taking advantage of people - just having already read a few responses, i expect this to get lively and entertaining. :)

Let me elaborate, I don't mean you were taking advantage of people - just having already read a few responses, i expect this to get lively and entertaining. :)

This is probably true.

I'll give the guy the guy some credit. He moved a bunch of plastic that he may not have been able to very easily otherwise.

I'm gonna go ahead and post up my thoughts before my grab bag even gets here. This is basically what I just PMed Pike.

Unless I was just sent absolutely garbage discs I'd have to say 20 bucks for 3 discs is a great deal. Probably cost him 6 or 7 bucks just to ship them...so you are looking at 14 bucks +shipping for 3 discs. That's less than 5 bucks a disc!! I'm not expecting gold. I'm expecting decent throwers for cheap! If anything I'll have a couple discs I don't mind throwing on a risk hole...like ones over water or where my disc has a chance of disappearing into the woods!

I did have to spend an extra $15 to get the eagle added to the bag but I still think it isn't a bad purchase.

I didn't even know this was an option.

My main gripe is what was the point of sending requests if we weren't gonna get anything close? I mean I did get one pink disc but all the others are basically late 90's stuff in DX plastic. Worth less than $5/ea in my opinion but I still left positive feedback. It was a grab bag after all so I guess I can't be mad, just a little let down.

I didn't even know this was an option.

My main gripe is what was the point of sending requests if we weren't gonna get anything close? I mean I did get one pink disc but all the others are basically late 90's stuff in DX plastic. Worth less than $5/ea in my opinion but I still left positive feedback. It was a grab bag after all so I guess I can't be mad, just a little let down.

Katana knew I had KC Pro eagles form another post and inquired about them specifically. He bought the Eagle outright and a couple of grab discs. This wasn't an option.

Where/How should I ship? I just went to USPS and shipped in padded envelope. Minus the price of the envelope it cost me almost 6 bucks just so ship 2 discs.

Costs me $2.63 to send one, and about $4.50 to send two. Just getting regular postage, and not those huge stamps that take up half the envelope.. is what saves me that $2.

Yeah I thought I was going to get a Champy 11x KC Pro but one could only wish.

Said everyone who was "let down". :wall:

I wanted these to get posted so everyone could see I did in fact ship discs that I could of sold for $20-40?? each. But I sold them for an average of $4 each (after shipping) so it would be balanced overall.

Costs me $2.63 to send one, and about $4.50 to send two. Just getting regular postage, and not those huge stamps that take up half the envelope.. is what saves me that $2.

Still looking at 5 or more bucks to send 3 most likely. I'm just trying to say that sending three discs does cost more than just one so after taking out shipping your are looking to spend about 5 bucks a pop on 3 discs. Seems like a pretty good deal for some decent throwers too me..

Where/How should I ship? I just went to USPS and shipped in padded envelope. Minus the price of the envelope it cost me almost 6 bucks just so ship 2 discs.

Once you hit 1-2 lbs you are stuck at one price point with usps Priority. If you can keep it under a pound you can ship first class for less. It seems shipping either 1 or 4 discs is the best way to go.

Once you hit 1-2 lbs you are stuck at one price point with usps Priority. If you can keep it under a pound you can ship first class for less. It seems shipping either 1 or 4 discs is the best way to go.

Yeah, the guy that was ringing me up today for the 2 discs said it was going to cost the same or even less if I went priority so he just shipped them faster.

Said everyone who was "let down". :wall:

No. I'll tell you the main reason I was let down... when I opened the package, I saw a blue disc. I had NO idea what it was, it was so dirty the stamp wasn't even visible. Second, there was a huge gash on the rim and other parts of the rim were beat up as well. I wasn't expecting a crazy rare expensive disc.. but I was expecting discs in better condition than that.

I went and bought a pack because what the hell. I have some worn in discs, but nothing substantial. It was worth a chance to maybe get a disc that I will like and is already worn in.

Latest posts