• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PISSED OFF AND READY TO THROW ALL OF MY DISCS IN A CREEK

well yes the discs come back down but usually not where i want them. The one day i threw a teebird and from the moment it left my hand i knew it was splashing down. Theirs just so many aspects i want to pick a part from my throwing form but i dont know where to start because i cant see myself play. I am not sure about snow play. I am not a big fan of losing discs and i feel like snow doesnt help that. i do a lot of my mid range shots from a stand still position.

i think that a lot too, except usually not in water.
Who's?
also - video cameras.

If you think you're PISSED now wait until you get serious about putting. Going forward you will find that driving is the easier part of the game. I have had days I connot even put a disc back in my bag. Welcome to the world of disc golf - hope to see you on the course.

If you think you're PISSED now wait until you get serious about putting. Going forward you will find that driving is the easier part of the game. I have had days I connot even put a disc back in my bag. Welcome to the world of disc golf - hope to see you on the course.

I've found my putting percentage goes way up when my drives land right by the basket. That's my game plan, why make it harder on yourself?

I've found my putting percentage goes way up when my drives land right by the basket. That's my game plan, why make it harder on yourself?

Or, if you just make all your drives, you don't even have to worry about putting. :hfive:

i had a piss poor round this morning. Shot +6 and a lot of my initial teeshots just screamed away from where i wanted them to set down.

Play BH putter rounds only for a few days then get back to us. I'm guessing your game will change forever.

I watched a Pro, in the top ten in the world at the time, dump his discs in a pond one by one (plus his bag) at an A tier. He had prob been playing for over 15 years.

release point issues are almost always due to rounding. Pull through on a straight line.

Went out again today

I went out again today, i tried some ideas on dealing with wind to my disc selection. I managed to shoot -2, 5 birdies and 3 bogeys. Most of the bogeys were due to poor putting. My drives continue to not fall as straight as I like but i managed to hit a 400+ ft drive fairly straight. I threw my Valkyrie and it went out on an anhyzer route when it left my backhand throw. I am not really sure why it did this.

Drivers very rarely end straight... try not to set unrealistic goals

I dont understand why my valkyrie ripped so hard right, it crossed nearly 100 ft from right to left. I guess im ok with my drives and i really like my approach shots. Its my putting that needs work...

I dont understand why my valkyrie ripped so hard right, it crossed nearly 100 ft from right to left. I guess im ok with my drives and i really like my approach shots. Its my putting that needs work...

What kind of plastic is the Valk and how much have you thrown it? Sounds like it may be beaten into a flip machine, or maybe you're rolling your wrist, hard to say without video.

Consult20, symptoms sound like rolling the wrist to me.
Donkey, you might be well served throwing putters or even an ultrastar until you can snap them straight for long (250+) distance. Slower discs require clean form, including wrist action (almost inaction. You cock the wrist and transfer all your momentum to it through the "hit."). You will develop a cleaner hit by discing down (way down for the ultrastar) and smooth form flaws without real practice. You're simply learning a new disc.

I think we should allow everyone to mention all the things that can ever go wrong in a disc golf round, multiply it by newbie experience, and then remedy all of them with 3-5 drills, some of which, of course, are contradictory.

That's how we do things here.

And on wednesdays we wear pink

I WAS going to post a form video on the youtubes today but my buddy who usually goes out with me welched. I will let you guys know when i put a video up of my form... dont worry you will have a field day. Also what in the hell is wrist curl?

Latest posts