• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PISSED OFF AND READY TO THROW ALL OF MY DISCS IN A CREEK

Also what in the hell is wrist curl?

When you release your drive and and the palm of your hand ends facing upward. The wrist must curl to make that happen, you don't really want that to happen unless the shot calls for it.
Your Valk shot that went 100' in the wrong direction most probably happened because you curled your wrist trying to throw too hard.

At least that's what I think they mean.

On a backhand drive how is my hand suppose to end up? I think for forehand its suppose to end up palm facing up.

On a backhand drive how is my hand suppose to end up? I think for forehand its suppose to end up palm facing up.

Keep it on the same plain. It should end with your pinky on the bottom and thumb basically on top. As if you're backhanding something. If any of that makes sense. Your palm should be vertical.
It is called a backhand. :\

I WAS going to post a form video on the youtubes today but my buddy who usually goes out with me welched. I will let you guys know when i put a video up of my form... dont worry you will have a field day. Also what in the hell is wrist curl?

Keep it on the same plain. It should end with your pinky on the bottom and thumb basically on top. As if you're backhanding something. If any of that makes sense. Your palm should be vertical.
It is called a backhand. :\

This video shows a good demonstration of wrist angles. Notice how paul's palm stays relatively on his line and then points a little downwards on his endswing. Mentally, just keep your palm vertical.

Last edited:
I've recently changed my game significantly by tailoring my bag to my game instead of trying to match my game to the discs in my bag. I've done a lot of field work recently to refine my throwing style and improve my form. A lot of people on here have suggested taking some videos to help you review your throwing motion, and I can't stress the importance of that enough. It really helped me figure out my style.

I started off playing disc golf as a predominantly RHFH thrower. I grew up playing baseball and felt like I had the best power and control throwing this way. I became very comfortable with hyzer, anhyzer, and control shots, but I felt like I was missing out on a completely different dynamic of the game by pigeonholing myself this way. I put in a lot of time to figure out a proper RHBH throw, and my scores have dropped significantly. I've had a lot better luck with slightly US discs for my RHBH throws. I've had great success with my Daedalus, Sidewinder, Leopard, Colossus, and Monarch when throwing backhand. I use my OS discs as forehand discs because I have better control and can get a lot of power with an anhyzer throw. My Destroyer, Wraith, Orc, and Tern have been my dominant forehand discs.

However, these guys are right, driving will soon become the easy part of your game, wait until you get serious about putting. I work with 4 different putters to try and figure out what works best in whatever situation I find myself in. Long story short, keep your discs, work your game, figure out the right discs for you and you'll be a lot less frustrated when you get out on the course.

I can't seem to put any of my drives where i want them... I have thrown backhand and forehand... I have some success at throwing my forehands, they fall straight sometimes but others they manage to take off right and just wont stop carrying. My backhand will usually get grip-locked and carries right, or i release way to early and it carries way too far left. I have thrown backhand and managed to lay a straight shot 340 ft. away and my forehand most accurate throw was somewhere more around 300ft and is my most accurate throw. I have no idea what im doing wrong because i have watched so many videos and tried to imitate them as much as possible. I have been maybe playing disc golf for about 2 months as of now.

Reach back wider (keep more width between your upper arm and chest).

It took me over a year to push off my back foot. It's a tough game.