• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning my 2014 tourney schedule

If you want to play one of the best courses in the area consider coming to the following

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17239

At New Quarter Park, Williamsburg , VA. Not far out of your way since the states you listed sort of surround it. I would have suggested the tournament that is being held there on May 10th but it is already full. We get some quite good pros showing up to play this great course.

What I will say is like vadiscgolfer on facebook to get updated with these tournaments as they fill extremely quickly.

Another great one would be to enter the Tour De Richmond. Great courses and great players. Pros and Am's play different courses but all the courses involved are great.

I believe there are still a few places left, and you can compete to qualify for Maple Hill at this if you pay ten bucks more on top of the normal fee.

http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2014_Tour_De_Richmond

Hope to see you at some of these.

So, any updates Mike? Where are ya headed? What tourneys are on the horizon?

The Ledgestone Insurance Open in September will be an NT next year and has $12,000 added to the pro purse. Its in Peoria, Illinois and will be featured on some highly rated courses (McNaughton, Northwood Park).

The am player's pack includes five discs, a shirt, custom hat, towel and other goodies.

www.lisopen.com

Looks like our buddy Mike is a pro who has yet to play a sanctioned event, at least according to the PDGA.

I know, I'm interested in his progress. He has nothing scheduled, and no PDGA tourneys under his belt.

What's up, Mike?

Unfortunately as time goes on my ability to play disc golf is increasingly put into jeapordy.

This is what my middle finger looks like when I hold it completely straight.

I've broken that finger 5 times and it hurts after every single throw. Its getting worse. I'm not able to get it looked at.

That and the whole moving to Charlotte thing just isn't happening right now.

I really want to compete. I'm throwing really, really well these days. Its just painful. I don't know what to do honestly. Its so frustrating being in a position to execute something you've wanted for years, only to be held back by injuries.

Last edited:
Unfortunately as time goes on my ability to play disc golf is increasingly put into jeapordy.

This is what my middle finger looks like when I hold it completely straight.

I've broken that finger 5 times and it hurts after every single throw. Its getting worse. I'm not able to get it looked at.

That and the whole moving to Charlotte thing just isn't happening right now.

I really want to compete. I'm throwing really, really well these days. Its just painful. I don't know what to do honestly. Its so frustrating being in a position to execute something you've wanted for years, only to be held back by injuries.

As someone who has suffered setbacks in sports due to injuries or other ailments, I feel for you man. I really hope you're able to figure something out and get healed up.

That sucks, welcome to the injured club. Ever try a fan grip?

This is a fan grip. It is used for touch shots mostly. Dudes like MJ can still get them out there 300+ with fan grips. might help ease the pain a little

fan-grip.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I've tried that and it doesn't work for me at all. I usually throw BH throws with 3 fingers, sometimes two. My pinky never stays locked in on a BH throw no matter what I do. If you slow-motion any of my drives you can clearly see me making a claw shape with it as I come into the hit.

Thanks for the images either way.

Yeah I don't lock my pinky in either...nor does MJ. I broke both of my Pinky's skateboarding and they are jacked. I'll see if I can get some pics later. luckily there is no discomfort. just really weird looking

Heh, skateboarding here too. I have no idea how I managed to break my wrist 3 times in one skate season without that affecting DG too. Broken big toe flares up once in a while, otherwise its just my finger that bothers me.