• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Play my rating or move up?

Why? So the former Rec players can donate to the current Intermediates? All that's going to do is inspire me to play my current rating, which is in the upper range of the Novice division. There's no way an 850 rated player should have to compete with a 930 on the same playing field.

900 is to high for Rec. If you change it then yes you might need to adjust the other divisions accordingly. Not sure if this is happening in your area but tournaments here in Fl. rarely if ever have a novice division. So you end up with beginners through 900 all in the same rec division. I'm at 861 and just moved up. The people I know at and around 900 are way to good for Rec. I will miss the reg. cashing but I think it is important to keep Rec beginner friendly. I don't believe there is a way to fix the system to make it bagger proof, therefore it is important good people do the right thing and play in the division they know they belong in.

900 is to high for Rec. If you change it then yes you might need to adjust the other divisions accordingly. Not sure if this is happening in your area but tournaments here in Fl. rarely if ever have a novice division. So you end up with beginners through 900 all in the same rec division. I'm at 861 and just moved up. The people I know at and around 900 are way to good for Rec. I will miss the reg. cashing but I think it is important to keep Rec beginner friendly. I don't believe there is a way to fix the system to make it bagger proof, therefore it is important good people do the right thing and play in the division they know they belong in.

900 is not too high for AM3, it is not the systems fault that TDs do not offer AM4. I am rated below 850 and would not play AM4 if it was offered locally because that is the division designed for beginners. I have won tournaments in the last few years in AM3 but have only once shot a round rated above 900. Saying that I should move up to AM2 with my sub 850 rating is ridiculous as I am already playing up a division. No one should suggest that a 901 player should have to move up to AM1 because they shot 2-4 great for them rounds and won an event, so why the difference with AM3.

900 is not too high for AM3, it is not the systems fault that TDs do not offer AM4. I am rated below 850 and would not play AM4 if it was offered locally because that is the division designed for beginners. I have won tournaments in the last few years in AM3 but have only once shot a round rated above 900. Saying that I should move up to AM2 with my sub 850 rating is ridiculous as I am already playing up a division. No one should suggest that a 901 player should have to move up to AM1 because they shot 2-4 great for them rounds and won an event, so why the difference with AM3.

I agree, work with the TDs to offer all the divisions and you'll see much more competive divisions in general. Look at the IOS events here in Illinois that offer all 4 am divisions. Most players play the division their rating puts them in (the people playing up generally do so because they couldn't make the other day or they want to play both days), so it's nicely competitive with close spreads from winner to last cash.

I agree, work with the TDs to offer all the divisions and you'll see much more competive divisions in general. Look at the IOS events here in Illinois that offer all 4 am divisions. Most players play the division their rating puts them in (the people playing up generally do so because they couldn't make the other day or they want to play both days), so it's nicely competitive with close spreads from winner to last cash.

what is also nice is the way they split the weekend up. i wasnt a fan at first but get it now. on saturdays its PRO/INT/NOV and sunday is ADV/REC/JRS. you see alot of people play both days. INT players play saturday and some then come on sunday and try their hand at ADV. same with NOV>REC and ive seen a few ADV players play PRO sat and ADV sun.
i think alot of TDs are under the misnomer that MA4 wont support itself. there are alot of people who love that division. they arent good enough, and may never be, to consistently cash in REC. but they love to play and compete. then they make NOV where those players can compete equal against one another and they have a blast. even tho i use the terms i dont like the division names, especially Novice, that class didnt end up the original way it was intended. the vast majority first time players play REC or ADV and then move from there (from my exp at least). MA4 seems to be were the less athletic but just as dedicated seem to end up. and thats awesome and im glad they get to have equal competition. but their not Noivces. truly MA4 should be REC. MA2 and MA3 need new class names. i think that would remove some of the stigmas.

Latest posts