• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Players Cup - 10/19-21 - Who's going to take it down?

Who will take down the Players Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Payout was awesome even though I went 2-2 on the weekend. Getting handed cash after each win just adds to it(rather than getting it all at the end). Fun weekend and the course played pretty well

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR FINAL FOUR!

Dave Feldberg, Cale Leiviska, Jeremy Koling, and Ricki Wysocki are our Final Four in the winner's bracket of the The World Match Play Championship, presented by [url="http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/]Vibram Disc Golf[/url].
:clap:

In the end, two #1 seeds, a #2 seed, and surviving the tumultuous Ibex quadrant was the #3-seeded "Big Jerm" making the final four.

In the Pick 'Em contest, Adam Fisher is in first place with 92 points. Tied for 2nd place are Chris Eads, Keith Bowers, and Carter Allen with 89 points. Alone in fifth but only one point back is Elias Garcia with 88 points. When viewing the results, please take note that you can still click on "[url="http://www.mysideline.com/u/20084/custom/playerscenarios.htm]Player Scenarios[/url]" and check out your best possible finish place, and who to root for as your Champion over your Runner-up. :thmbup:

When doing so, you'll notice that while we're giving out prizes to a number of places, as far as actually winning the Pick 'Em contest, Keith Bowers and Elias Garcia can do no better than second place. Carter Allen wins if R Wysocki and D Feldberg prevail in the semis, and then R Wysocki takes the tournament over D Feldberg. Adam Fisher wins as long as Cale Leiviska beats Dave Feldberg in the semis, and then LOSES to either J Koling OR R Wysocki in the Finals. Chris Eads's championship hopes all fall on Feldberg - if the Borg wins his semi-final and finals matches, then Eads wins the Pick 'Em no matter whether Feldberg beats Big Jerm or Wysocki in the finals. Eads can also win the Pick 'Em even if Big Jerm beats Feldberg in the Finals, because no one in contention picked Koling to win the Player's Cup.

Throwing a wrench into the entire system is that if Cale beats Big Jerm in the finals, Jason Toothtaker marches from a tie in 6th place to win the Pick 'Em contest. Furthermore, by picking C Leiviska and R Wysocki to prevail in the semifinals and then Cale to win it all, Robert McCall #42261 would come all the way from a current tie for 49th place to win our contest! :eek:

What cool drama! :thmbup:

Last edited:
THE FINALS ARE SET!

#2-seeded and 1038-rated Ricki Wysocki from Fort Mill, SC will take on #1-seeded Cale Leiviska from Saint Paul, MN this afternoon at Twin Parks Country Club.

In 2010, Nikko Locastro won the Vibram Open and the Players Cup.
In 2011, Nate Doss won the Vibram Open and the Players Cup.
In 2012, Cale Leiviska won the Vibram Open. He is in the finals.

Wysocki and Leiviska battled for the victory at the Vibram Open in August, taking it to the final hole where Ricky Wysocki's upshot on hole 18 sailed wide while Cale Leiviska parked his approach to secure the birdie on 18 and the Vibram Open Championship.

Who will win this head-to-head rematch?!?

On the ladies side, Valarie Jenkins faces Catrina Allen in the Finals.

In the Pick 'Em contest, Adam Fisher is in the lead and wins it all if Wysocki beats Cale in the Finals.

HOWEVER, by picking C Leiviska and R Wysocki to prevail in the semifinals and then Cale as Player's Cup champ, Robert McCall #42261 would come all the way from a current tie for 19th place to win our contest! How freakin' cool with that be! :thmbup:

Imagine if he get's better still. I can't really see it but it is possible. How much better can he be? If he get's any better he will risk putting a stranglehold on the sport the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time. With all of the great young players I don't think anyone would have guessed we would be entering an era with one dominant player but Ricky is proving that could still be possible.

In fact.... this deserves a thread .....

Is Ricky Wysocki Becoming the Next Disc GOlf Legend?

Imagine if he get's better still. I can't really see it but it is possible. How much better can he be? If he get's any better he will risk putting a stranglehold on the sport the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time. With all of the great young players I don't think anyone would have guessed we would be entering an era with one dominant player but Ricky is proving that could still be possible.

Don't forget about Cam Colglazier...he's had a disc in his hand for only two years and he's already finished in the top 10 at Worlds and USDGC (correct me if I'm wrong). It's crazy how much talent there is right now. But yes, I believe the likes of Ricky, Will, McBeast, and Cam C. are setting the bar extremely high in DG.

So much talent out and it's a nice thing to have. Just means the game is growing.

so 6/600+ spare no expense.

SERIOUSLY?

This was a FREE bracket pick 'em contest, with the tournament software ($70) paid for by Vibram Disc Golf, and hundreds of dollars in prizes donated by Vibram Disc Golf and DGA, who are giving out DGA ProLine and SP Line Discs, Disc-Dri Towels, a DGA Elite Shield Bag, DGA Gel-Strapz, towel lanyards, etc.

Are you really complaining about the number of places paid out, Gregory Lane?!?

ill donate a disc to seventh place. send me their contact information.

not sure why you think putting me on blast helps your cause. ive spoken to steve on a number of occasions and shared thanks and what not. i love what dude does for golf. youre always so worked up. heaven forbid anything youre involved in be scrutinized whether its for laughs or for serious. dont blow your top.