• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Poll: What are your top three reasons to throw MVP/Axiom?

Your top 3 reasons to bag/throw MVP/Axiom?

• Aesthetics - overall style/visual appeal.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Molds - can't live without your MVPs!

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • Durability - had an Amp 2 years, still an Amp.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Predictability - knowing you're getting the same flight from your back-ups.

Votes: 80 61.5%
  • Wholesale program - can't beat the price.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Collectability - are you invested in watermelons?

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Gyro properties - love me some forward fade.

Votes: 59 45.4%

• Total voters
I was originally drawn in by the looks and the idea of "Gyro" technology. Purchased a Volt and Axis, but really didn't use either one much. I eventually revisited them and really grew to like them. Then last December I made a personal commitment to switch my entire bag to MVP.

Now I have every mold that MVP / Axiom make, and that is my entire bag. I love the look, the feel and dependability of MVP discs. I personally choose not to throw anything else. :clap: :thmbup:

MVP all day!

I'm going to try to be objective here.

When I started playing disc golf in July (of this year), I went with the basics: DX Aviar, Champion Roc3, and Prodigy M4. Those discs were good to learn with, and honestly really great discs - until my beginner inconsistency started throwing them into too many trees. My max weight Roc3 had a noticeable "taco" to it after 2 months. For me, as I still wrestle with form inconsistencies, having inconsistent discs was just a turn-off.

At the moment I bag all MVP/Axiom simply because they're consistent and durable. I've thrown them into countless trees and they have not taken as much damage as my old discs. Will I stay with MVP? Maybe, but I'm not afraid to try other discs. The Inertia, Servo, and Envy will probably always be in my bag. Not crazy about my Tensor and Tangent right now, but I'll give them time.

Your poll is lacking an option, Putting pictures of my favorite geniuses as a stamp will 100% get me to buy MVP, as the SE Tesla and Motion hanging on my wall can attest to!

Another thing that I like about them is the way they feel. I like the plastic that they use.

I was originally drawn in by the looks and the idea of "Gyro" technology. Purchased a Volt and Axis, but really didn't use either one much. I eventually revisited them and really grew to like them. Then last December I made a personal commitment to switch my entire bag to MVP.

Now I have every mold that MVP / Axiom make, and that is my entire bag. I love the look, the feel and dependability of MVP discs. I personally choose not to throw anything else. :clap: :thmbup:

MVP all day!

Exactly...Thank You.

The only good MVP/Axiom disc is the Envy.

I throw it because it's slick, shallow and stable. Consistent flight and release. Only issue is it goes a bit too far closer to a Mid.

Your poll is lacking an option, Putting pictures of my favorite geniuses as a stamp will 100% get me to buy MVP, as the SE Tesla and Motion hanging on my wall can attest to!

The girls never say my poll is lacking. Choose Collectability! It needs more love. Unlike my poll.

/punz

I didn't actually set up a choice for _feel_. I thought about that. Maybe I should do that, but then if I did that, it would change everything. Durability is sort of a spin off of plastic anyways. I couldn't have asked that question as generically if MVP had had plastics of various durability. Next poll will satisfy more deeply.

K.

Consensus and Mike C Videos - Saw the disc fly and heard consistent positive reviews of it, allowing for an informed decision to purchase. (Envy is the only one MVPAxiom in my bag).

Ever since I got a Volt almost a year ago now, I have used that for my main driving disc on almost every hole (backhand and pistol). I got a few aces with the Volt and literally lost it 4 days ago :wall:. I have a replacement on the way, but because of my deepest attraction to the Volt and the holy **** consistency of MVP's flight patterns, all that sits in my bag are:

MVP Soft Anode (Main putting disc)
MVP Medium Ion (For trickshot puts)
MVP Vector (For moderate accuracy drives)
MVP Axis (For the most straight lined ups I have ever seen)
MVP Volt (Usually my go to driving disc)
MVP Tesla (For holes with too much distance and curve for the Volt)
MVP Inertia (This disc is the most badass mold created for maximum distance drives, and the fact of how unbelievably straight it goes by putting a little hyzer on the beast)\
Innova Star Tern (When I need to go the opposite direction when driving LHBH. Such a good utility disc. This disc will always have it's place in my bag)
Innova Champion Rhyno (Still my favorite multi-purpose putter ever. Great disc for hammer sliding throws for accurate tough spot shots also)

MVP all day every day :thmbup:

MVP Discs

1. I like the feel of a narrow rim driver; seems to fit my hand much better. Also appreciate the fact the discs are available in lighter weights for us older guys.

2. I have MVP's in several plastic blends; all look and feel great. They are unique discs that stand out from many of the rest.

3. Of all the discs I've thrown I seem to get the best consistent distance and flights with my MVP's. Very predictable.

Only one place within 100 miles of me carries them, was interested in the Ion, but it didn't feel comfortable and besides, they were asking $24 for them! Sorry, too much for a purchase on a whim.

I'd like to try a Tangent and a Volt. Maybe the next time I make an online order I'll try them.

Latest posts