• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poor Adam_Valk gave Flip City a less than 5 review

Wow!!! didn't expect this

I can't understand how you can assess whether or not someone is correct or not based on their opinion. I am extrememly suprised in the feedback of my review, unfortunately I don't believe that Flip City is a 5 rated course, but for some people that is unbelievable to them. I have not seen a course yet that has had the goods to be a 5 rated course. Someday I might see one but as of yet I haven't. Granted I haven't played many courses outside of my home state, so hopefully I will eventually get to do that. Hopefully then I might have the opportunity to play a course that deserves a 5 rating.

Erich, some of the 5 disc reviews that look pretty good to me still have a number of thumbs down. I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth worrying my pretty little head about. :D

I can't understand how you can assess whether or not someone is correct or not based on their opinion. I am extrememly suprised in the feedback of my review, unfortunately I don't believe that Flip City is a 5 rated course, but for some people that is unbelievable to them. I have not seen a course yet that has had the goods to be a 5 rated course. Someday I might see one but as of yet I haven't. Granted I haven't played many courses outside of my home state, so hopefully I will eventually get to do that. Hopefully then I might have the opportunity to play a course that deserves a 5 rating.

I have not voted but let me tell you why . . . there is not enough info there for me to consider giving it a thumbs up, but also there are some things there that could be considered helpful, just not helpful enough for me to vote. Sure you tell 4 or 5 things about the course that are meaningful, but I look for more than that when deciding a course. Sure the rating may be lower than some want and that is your decision, and I will not thumb down a review for 1/2 disc rating discrepancy, if it was off by 1.5 discs then I would consider the bad rating as reason enough to thumb it down because that is the first thing people see and representing what most people consider to be a 5 disc rating as a 3.5 is a disservice. I know it is opinion and that is what is debatable about this whole thing, why should somoenes opinion be disagreed with, well because we can and sometimes you just have to side with the majority and conform. But that is the reason I save egregious erros in rating for thumnbs down, I probably vote up on 70% of reviews, I ignore 25% of reviews for being too short, and I vote thumbs down on the 5% that either have no effort put in, or they are so far off it seems like a different course. For yours I have abstained!

Truthfully from my point of view I think you should be considered lucky to get the 13 positives on this one. There just isnt enough info for my liking. And to those that say nothing new can be said, that may or may not be true, but new people bring new perspectives especially as the game changes. That is the reason I will still write a review for the courses that have been reviewed 30 or 40 or more times. Flip is up to like 80 I think, yet when I get there I will still write a review.

Last edited:
I said it before and I'll say it again, the question is 'WAS THIS REVIEW HELPFUL?' The question is NOT 'Was this rating helpful?' All of you morons that base your thumbs off of a rating, and not the helpfulness of a review need to pay more attention to the point of thumbs being there. Everybody is entitled to an opinion of rating, but if a review is poor, then sure, thumbs it down.

This is a good post. I'm quoting it so people have to read it twice.

I share the same feelings, quoting it again so people have to read it three times. The idiot who said he gave it a thumbs down on the first page, why??? Did you read that review and then go out to the course and say, "Oh my god, this course is nothing like what he described. There's no bugs here in the summer, and I see water everywhere!?" NO! You disliked the fact that he gave it a 4.5 and you are blaming it on the cons, which may or may not be the full reason of giving it a 4.5 over 5. You cannot tell me that the information on there was not helpful, you probably already played the course so you already knew all of that. Therefore maybe you should go through and thumb down every other review because you already knew that all of that junk before you went to the course.

If you don't find it helpful, but there is helpful information. Don't vote!!! It's got helpful, but not enough to warrant a thumbs up. Leave it alone.

You are all arguing over the point of water must be there to give a 5, any of you ever think that maybe he just didn't think the course was 5 material? Reviews are not supposed to be there to back up your rating, the rating is an addition to the review. Another OPINION. I could go out and write a 2 page review on flip city, and then give it a 1 because I disliked the course. A good member of dgcr would vote it helpful, because they are reading the question "Was this review (not rating) helpful?". However I guarantee I would get a majority of thumbs down and a thread would be made raging about the 1 disc rating.

The flip city/Idlewild fanclubs are just a bunch of little girls fighting over #1 rating spot. That is my opinion, gonna thumb me down now?

They are just angry.

Last edited:

Hey man, I hear your review sucked. Why did you write such a sucky review? Do you think these guys like to thumbs down reviews* they nit pick apart?

*yes

So I have 97 thumbs up and 3 thumbs down, and all of my reviews are, in my opinion, pretty spot on. I can only assume that those 3 people that gave me thumbs down are just morons, hit the wrong button, or people I somehow angered in the forums.

I personally think if you thumbs DOWN a review, a text box should come up requiring you to give the reviewer some feedback as to how they can improve the review. That way I don't have to sit here and wonder why 1 person for some reason, didn't think a review was helpful while 14 other people did.

I have personally wanted to send anonymous feedback on inaccurate reviews, but the option is not allowed; they will see who sent it. I therefore didn't bother sending the email, because I feared that I would be personally attacked in my own reviews because of it. Just thoughts. . . . . . . . . .

You know I always pondered the hypothetical but would never happen for obvious reasons scenario:

Suppose DGCR had a twin website. Same look, same course database, same number of reviews, same number of members, same caliber of players.

Everyone already on DGCR would never hear of this twin site and therefore wouldn't have access to it to post reviews or even read the reviews there. Everyone on the twin site would never hear of DGCR and therefore wouldn't have access to its information.

What do you suppose the twin site's Top Ten list or Top 100 would look like? I suspect that it would have some familiar courses but the order would be radically different.

^And this twin site banned anybody from Michigan or Kentucky from posting/voting. . . .

Just got high did ya Scarpfish?

I dont care who you are, now thats funny right there. I was thinking along the same lines as you Frank D as much as I don't want to admit it. I wondered what reality he had just delved into.

^And this twin site banned anybody from Michigan or Kentucky from posting/voting. . . .
Well then of course it wouldn't be a twin site.

My point is that I think the prominent appearance of the Top 10 list tends to create advertising for those courses, which is a primary reason they have so many reviews. I sometimes wonder how things would change if there was instead a button you could click to go to the Top Ten list on a different page (and with that suggestion, why stop at ten? Why not a Top 50 or 100 based on the same criteria?). Would there be fewer reviews for the Top 10 courses? Would there be more reviews for the courses on the balance of those lists?

Just got high did ya Scarpfish?
What bejudas was in that blueberry pie I ate last night?
:gross:

Erich, some of the 5 disc reviews that look pretty good to me still have a number of thumbs down. I've come to the conclusion that it's not worth worrying my pretty little head about. :D
Yeah. Good idea. We don't want your head to explode or nothin'.

If your not my friend I am systematically working through your reviews and giving them all thumbs down.

I don't usually give a thumbs down, but that review really sucked.
He deserved the big downer for that c**p, whether he wanted water or not.
Sorry, I didn't give a thumbs down for it (no sense piling on) but it deserved it.
No defending that review.

Latest posts