• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Portland at the end of April

tomschillin

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'm going to have time for 1, maybe 2 courses while on a short trip to Portland at the end of April. Should I play Pier Park, Milo McIver, or one of the Hornings Hideout courses?

I've played all of those, and all are great fun. My suggestion would be to play Milo. Horning's and Milo are a bit out of town, though. You can't really go wrong whatever you end up doing. If you have time, you might get a round at Pier first, then go to Milo or Horning's.

Can't go wrong with any of the three. All are great. I agree with @iDiscGolf though, where you're staying may make a difference. Also factor in the drive back in to Portland since traffic gets ridiculous from early afternoon to early evening especially coming from Hornings or Milo.

As for your question: If I had to play just one? I'd choose Milo.

When are you coming and do you have a car?
Horning's is neat. But the golf doesn't compete with Milo. Milo is worth the 45 minute drive from downtown. Hell, I do that drive just about every single week, year round. Sometimes twice. Bring a course map - Milo lacks even moderately useful signage, but what it lacks in signs it makes up for it in pure magic and exceptional golf.
Pier is a wonderland and about as fine a city course as one can imagine. Plus it is only 15 minutes from downtown. And, depending where you are from, the 200ft Douglas firms are something to be seen. Also, good bars nearby.
Hell, depending when you are coming, I might be able to show you around one or the other.

Latest posts