• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post The BEST Club Web Sites

klay

Eagle Member
I'm on the search for functional, well designed, and informative disc golf club web sites.

I've been tasked with creating a brand new site, from scratch, for a fledgling club and I want to do it right.

The best I could do through the forum search was find a thread that listed the worst of the worst (which really does help), BUT I need to see those sites that don't burn your eyes or assault you with walls of text.

So pimp your sites and what makes them unique and effective.

I'll start with the Mile High Disc Golf Club out of Denver.

Its run by someone who knows what they're doing, is updated constantly, has a vibrant and well trafficked message board. Plus, it looks good and is chock full of useful information.

Bloomington Disc Golf ...not sure on actual name of site but I thought it was well done!

grdgc.com - Rochester, NY area

pfds.org - Pittsburgh

I think the best sites are updated regularly and have information you can use on events, leagues and the local courses. A forum is a nice addition but not necessary.

Honestly I don't think there's anything wrong with a facebook page. It can doalmost everything a full website can, and if it's a small club there's nothing easier.

Mile High Disc Golf Club in every regard :hfive:

I'd say this one facet of our club has been the lead instigator in helping grow our club into the largest annual member base in the nation(400+).?

http://cobbdiscgolf.com/default.htm

This one isn't as polished as the others, but it's entirely handmade from scratch, and a different look, so someone might take an interest in the layout. I built most of it myself a couple of years ago, and it's currently being maintained by another guy in our club. He's a programmer/DBA, so he's got more sophisticated stuff in development to add to the relatively uncomplicated HTML and CSS that I used. We also make announcements on the discgolfatlanta.com site and forum, and have a facebook page and a discgolfscene.com club page. :)

Latest posts