• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Disc Golf Injury Pics :thmbup:

As Roseanne Roseannadanna use to say, " it's always something — if it's not one thing, it's another."
Here's hoping the best for you buddy.

Felt crappy last night, but feeling much better today, but hesitant to say I'm getting over covid.

I think it's just that during the day, I spend a lot of time sitting upright and standing/walking, which I'm pretty sure is better than lying down.

Not sure how to sleep without lying down.
Hopefully tonight is better than last night. :\

Just caught up on this. Sucks all that happened, but glad you are on the mend.

When it comes to DG, falls like yours are one of my biggest fears. Couple courses I play regularly have some hills with loose rocks. Had a few close calls.

Actually did slip down almost exactly like your fall when I was walking down the side of a creek embankment. Kind of did the American style splits—-left leg folded underneath me as right leg shot straight forward. I laid there for a minute to assess potential damage. Somehow I was uninjured.

Another fine example of why getting old sucks.

I had an injury at work that will change my disc golf game. I ruptured my distal bicep tendon on my throwing arm, which means I won't be throwing with it, or putting with it. Love the game so much, that I'm thinking of learning the game as a lefty. At 62 years old, I don't seem to care as much about how much I'm going to suck at this game. I'm kind of looking forward to the challenge.

I had an injury at work that will change my disc golf game. I ruptured my distal bicep tendon on my throwing arm, which means I won't be throwing with it, or putting with it. Love the game so much, that I'm thinking of learning the game as a lefty. At 62 years old, I don't seem to care as much about how much I'm going to suck at this game. I'm kind of looking forward to the challenge.

Hope everything works out well for you!

Been there my friend, I have a salvageable offhand throw from multiple injuries.... it's just great to get out there again. Crutches, putters, double bogeys, whatever it takes.

I ❤️ your attitude.

Give em hell wrong-handed!!!!

One piece of advice, a slightly OS midrange is your friend :)

That sucks. I had a complete release of one of the upper tendons and it's had only marginal impact overall.

I would think the distal end has a pretty significant impact.

Guy I play with had a former card mate that went through that. They played southpaw for some time and actually developed a pretty solid lefty BH. Hope that works out for you.

Sounds like you are foregoing repair?

I won't waste thread space with my swollen knee, but I am afraid I may have aggravated an old injury badly.

A couple of years ago I tore my meniscus in the same knee I had previously torn my acl and thought it was very painful I didn't have insurance so couldn't have it repaired. About a month ago a bad fall during a tournament fired it up again. After taking it easy for 5 weeks or so I finally felt like I could try a full power throw again. In our PDGA league there was a 480ft par 4 that I thought I could reach with a full pull.

I give it a full send and the knee cracks, something loose got caught in the joint and made me feel sick. Shot turned out good, I was in the circle but missed the putt since I could barely stand, but my card mates promised the shot was cool.

Im really hoping this doesn't mean an operation, but im getting to the point where I can't walk stairs.

I won't waste thread space with my swollen knee, but I am afraid I may have aggravated an old injury badly.

A couple of years ago I tore my meniscus in the same knee I had previously torn my acl and thought it was very painful I didn't have insurance so couldn't have it repaired. About a month ago a bad fall during a tournament fired it up again. After taking it easy for 5 weeks or so I finally felt like I could try a full power throw again. In our PDGA league there was a 480ft par 4 that I thought I could reach with a full pull.

I give it a full send and the knee cracks, something loose got caught in the joint and made me feel sick. Shot turned out good, I was in the circle but missed the putt since I could barely stand, but my card mates promised the shot was cool.

Im really hoping this doesn't mean an operation, but im getting to the point where I can't walk stairs.
Wishing the best for you, Moose!

Update:

PT is definitely working and I see significant improvements week over week. Both knees are responding well and my range of motion is is up to about 120° - 125° (full ROM is about 140°).

Will start working on stairs strengthening, but it's important to restore as much range of motion as possible while that window is open, and I wasn't allowed to bend my knees for about a month after surgery.

PT said muscle begins to atrophy after about a week, but doesn't really begin hypertrophy (growth) until after 4weeks of strength training. Also said the road to a reasonably full recovery after any serious orthopedic surgery is about a full year.

Update:

PT is definitely working and I see significant improvements week over week. Both knees are responding well and my range of motion is is up to about 120° - 125° (full ROM is about 140°).

Will start working on stairs strengthening, but it's important to restore as much range of motion as possible while that window is open, and I wasn't allowed to bend my knees for about a month after surgery.

PT said muscle begins to atrophy after about a week, but doesn't really begin hypertrophy (growth) until after 4weeks of strength training. Also said the road to a reasonably full recovery after any serious orthopedic surgery is about a full year.

Glad to hear you're progressing.
Rehab feels like such a slog while you're in it, but it's amazing how much progress you actually do make in relatively short timeframes.

Update:

Look on the bright side, you'll still have played more dg in 2023 than BigSky/Halcon.

Glad to hear you're making progress and keeping a positive attitude.

Thought I'd won this thread by rupturing quad tendons in noth my legs 400 miles from home.

But you gotta figure Paige breaking her left ankle in 3 places, in Norway, has me beat.

I can relate in a way I never could have just have a few months ago. I hope she recovers fast, well, and bounces back to where she still one of the very best on tour.

No one (and I mean no one), is pulling for her full recovery more than I am!

She talks about her injury on the Nick & Matt show.

Last edited:
No pics, but I cut my fingernails the night before a tournament, now my fingertips are painful... I don't like to compare suffering but you know...