• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

So I have a S-PD and a P-PD and they have different tops. The S looks like a Vulcan top.. real flat then bevel 3/4" from the edge. The P has a slight dome then the rounded off nose. Kind of has a dip near the edge of the rim all the way around. I've seen other PD's like the P I have always thought it looked kind of messed up. So my question is which is the true PD? I can post pics later if needed. Thanks for any help.

So I have a S-PD and a P-PD and they have different tops. The S looks like a Vulcan top.. real flat then bevel 3/4" from the edge. The P has a slight dome then the rounded off nose. Kind of has a dip near the edge of the rim all the way around. I've seen other PD's like the P I have always thought it looked kind of messed up. So my question is which is the true PD? I can post pics later if needed. Thanks for any help.

Is your s-line a test config?

That is the test config. My first run CD have that top too

No just standard freak stamp. So the S-PD is the odd man out? Flys good. Straight then late strong fade @ around 330'.. no flip mid flight. That's all I can give it :p Haven't thrown the P yet so can't compare them flight wise.

I got a yellow S-PD from DGC a few weeks back that was the exact same way. Definitely the test configuration. My honest guess is that Innova had a few of these sitting around from the Factory Store run that weren't moving, so they stamped them as regular PDs and sent them out with various orders.

pretty close but the pd feels better to me. i was an avid orc thrower for a long time and when the pd came out i started using the orcs less and less. then i completely dropped the orcs from the bag. the only differences i see against the orc is that the pd powers down nicely and you have good options for different plastics and stages of wear. orcs,you have to hunt for good ones because theres alot of variations between runs. i used to throw special blends,pearlies and old prolines

How different is the PD from the ORC?

It is rated 10 4 0 3. It doesn't have high speed turn out of the box. Straight with fade for the regular player. Super predictable, its like a longer teebird or eagle. The orc has much more high speed turn. The Pd is a long control driver and is becoming one of my best and most consistent drivers. S lines beat in nice for all types of shots, C lines are great for hyzers and fading shots and P lines can break in to turn over. I hope that helps.

^ this too.

i also found the pd easier to pump out for max d than the orc

Yeah, my PDs are sneaky long at times. I carry Rampages for max distance duty and my PDs can creep up on that level of distance when I hit the right angle (usually my beat-up p-PD on a high s-curve).

The reason I ask is because I see that people are using them for there Max D driver im guessing because they are easier to control I.E. easier to throw straight farther. Would I be Correct? What is this I hear about sneaky long? What do you mean by that?

yeah theyre a nice controllable distance driver. just easy to power down or power up. for my max d i throw destroyers but in most cases i throw my pds because they dont skip as much and are easier to throw on various lines.

by sneaky long he means theyre surprisingly easy to throw a good ways compared to some discs that you might need to throw harder/higher or on big lines.i agree with that because ive had more distance in these than i did with orcs. just a good amount of glide, eady to control and a good amount of hss and lss.

theres a reason i still carry my beat up 2 1/2 yr old spd :) its got alot of use but still has some fade too it.

Fair enough. So just look for the nonplus mold? Im guessing I should just call DGV and tell them what I want rather than chance it.

The + mold was only run in C-Line. I would look for an S-Line (or new run C-Line) with a mild dome. They're my favorites.

Yea thats kinda what I ment. I dig Champ Plastic (overstable longer). Thanks yous guys

Here's the pic of the 2 different PD tops for all to see. Left is the regular anhyzer top and right is the test configuration.
FD6CA39D-DA4B-4187-ACE1-C778054524F1-47784-0000582CE85EBFD1.jpg

Latest posts