• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

spike hyzers and itll be broken in before u know it. thats how mine got beat in so fast early on. i used it alot at a few courses to go over trees and before i knew it. it was seasoning up nicely

I'm officially a PD convert now.

The P-line gives me effortless distance for backhand driving. It has that nice reliable turn throughout most of it's flight.

With the immediate success I had with the P-line, I decided to give the C-Line a try. Backhand I can throw it flat or hyzer for nice hard fading shots. When I throw it with a bit of anny and make sure to really get it spinning, I get a really nice long anny flight.

The C-Line is a great forehand disc too. With a little hyzer, it flips flat and holds the line until fading at the very end. It makes hitting tight gaps and narrow lines very easy.

I've also added a test config to the bag for when I don't want that early turn for forehand drives.

With tourney winnings on Sunday, I bought a standard S-Line. I haven't thrown it yet, but I'm looking forward to getting out in the field with it.

I'm officially a PD convert now.

The P-line gives me effortless distance for backhand driving. It has that nice reliable turn throughout most of it's flight.

With the immediate success I had with the P-line, I decided to give the C-Line a try. Backhand I can throw it flat or hyzer for nice hard fading shots. When I throw it with a bit of anny and make sure to really get it spinning, I get a really nice long anny flight.

The C-Line is a great forehand disc too. With a little hyzer, it flips flat and holds the line until fading at the very end. It makes hitting tight gaps and narrow lines very easy.

I've also added a test config to the bag for when I don't want that early turn for forehand drives.

With tourney winnings on Sunday, I bought a standard S-Line. I haven't thrown it yet, but I'm looking forward to getting out in the field with it.

In my opinion you are saving the best for last. S-PDs are money.

They are the Roc of distance (control, whatever you want to call it - they are sneaky long) drivers. Be prepared to have them replace your entire driver lineup. (They even power down pretty damn well!)

They've already bumped River, TL and Firebird from the bag. Teebird could go next.

It was the disc that pulled the TeeBird from my bag after five years. It couldn't keep it out though, thanks to a very small gap between my mids at full power and my PDs at my most comfortable power down distances. It only comes out very rarely though.

I now carry a River because it's just so much fun to throw, and I was bored with my bag. I definitely don't need it though. :)

its too bad the ppds arent what they used to be. i loved those too at one point. very straight little fade and my fav of my 3. slightly soft,poppy top and great grip.now theyre kind of hit or miss depending what u prefer in the ppd. gppd thing is that they beat in quick still. however,i doubt a pd could ever replace my qjls :)

Yeah the PPD I have is on the stiff side which I'm not a big fan of. I think once I can get some more SPD's in various stages of wear she'll be out of my bag. It's already starting to get close to my opto Saint in flight. Just a little less turn.

Edit: 1st Crown Post!

i got rid of all of my soft ppd's a little while ago because i was throwing my stds more. i'm back to using a variety of pds and ordered a few ppds and got stiffies in the mail. i can't say i'm a fan of the stiffies, so it's time to go on the hunt for some of the softer ones. they fly nice, i just like to have a little more flex and grip in my plastic.

I find the stiff PPDs to fly similar to seasoned SPDs. They can be a great substitute while beating in a S. I actually prefer them for most shots, but I do think seasoned SPDs are where it's at for a long term, dependable and versatile driver.

Except for open max D, my entire driver line up in currently various SPDs and PPDs. Never thrown a CPD (interested in the 3rd run though) or felt the need too, since I have a couple super beefy flat SPDs.

If I wasn't throwing various PDs, I suspect I'd be all about OLFs, and maybe a couple Destroyers.

i got rid of all of my soft ppd's a little while ago because i was throwing my stds more. i'm back to using a variety of pds and ordered a few ppds and got stiffies in the mail. i can't say i'm a fan of the stiffies, so it's time to go on the hunt for some of the softer ones. they fly nice, i just like to have a little more flex and grip in my plastic.

I haz 2 (possibly 5 if youre interested) in mah fs thread

They are the Roc of distance (control, whatever you want to call it - they are sneaky long) drivers. Be prepared to have them replace your entire driver lineup. (They even power down pretty damn well!)

Testify!

That's actually very true. And in that light it is funny that Dave Dunipace alledgedly said that it is instead the DD which "flies like a ROC but has a range of TeeRex." I've always found DDs to be way too stable for that description.

The 3rd run C-PD on the other hand is seriously stable. When new, I'd say you'd have to throw over 400 feet to not have it fade too soon. For me (330') it is great for those fading shots, whether back- or forehand.

My reference of the PD being the Roc of distance drivers is more based how versatile it is in all plastics and how many of them in different plastics and stages of wear can handle every shot you would ever need, not that it flies the same lines as a Roc.

Well, after my first attempt with my new S-Line (175g) today I found it to be quite stable. I'm not complaining though, only had a couple of throws with it on the round so no snap judgement yet.

If you wanted straight out of the box, the P-Line is the better choice. I like my S-Lines around 171-172 and throw thumbers with them whenever I can to break them in. They will take a lot of abuse before they start changing.

Well, after my first attempt with my new S-Line (175g) today I found it to be quite stable. I'm not complaining though, only had a couple of throws with it on the round so no snap judgement yet.

try an FD. i bet you'll love it.

not that you won't love the PD, but a new PD is more stable than most people realize.

The FD is the 'Jackal' one right? What's the comparable to in the fairway driver bracket from other companies?

Latest posts