• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Ah right, not sure whether I want to replace my River - quite happy with that disc at the moment.

Ah right, not sure whether I want to replace my River - quite happy with that disc at the moment.

I'm sure why the Jackal recommendation made it in here but if it's just a matter of stability then try a P-PD. As I'm sure you've read in the posts above, they are less stable then the S-line out of the box.

I'm sure why the Jackal recommendation made it in here but if it's just a matter of stability then try a P-PD. As I'm sure you've read in the posts above, they are less stable then the S-line out of the box.

Yeah that's cool, I wasn't complaining at the recommendation - it was an entirely logical one. However rather than switching up, I shall persist with the S-PD to give it a fair run. :)

If you wanted straight out of the box, the P-Line is the better choice. I like my S-Lines around 171-172 and throw thumbers with them whenever I can to break them in. They will take a lot of abuse before they start changing.

Why hadnt I thought of this before :doh: Ive had 3 PPDs in the past season, lost 2 due to water. Im on the third and also carry an S, Ive been trying to break it in all season and the thought of using it for a thumber disc never even crossed my mind.

This disc is my max d, fairway and short hyzer approach disc now. Replaced 2 molds. So glad it was suggested to me.:thmbup:

The interesting thing about PD's is there isn't a crazy high value PD on the market (that I know of). Imagine if they had CE PD's...

The standard S-Line is the top notch PD (assuming it isn't +). I really enjoy that about this disc.

its awesome that the pd is continuing to impress players all over. love me some pd! by far my favorite disc ever.

I'm surprised more pros aren't throwing it. I guess when you have access to the TeeBird and Destroyer already...

The interesting thing about PD's is there isn't a crazy high value PD on the market (that I know of). Imagine if they had CE PD's...

The standard S-Line is the top notch PD (assuming it isn't +). I really enjoy that about this disc.

CFRs are getting there, as are First Runs (for those that like them). The First Runs really are my favorites too, mostly because that's what Marshall St kept sending me when I was hoarding but also because they're a little beefier than the other runs in my experience.

Last edited:
I recently bought a couple early run red champy-star s-line non-freak stamped PDs I found at a local shop. Owner said they'd been sitting around for a few years. Got them on sale for $12.50 a pop. Boo-ya.

from the first throw i had with one i immediately ordered several more. kinda wish i ordered more but im still enjoying my first two from almost 3 yrs ago.

i'd really really like to see a metal flake and champ glow pd. some of the metal flake plastic i got from innova was fairly stiff, but the teebirds and roadrunners were nice and soft and grippy. that plastic and the pd mold combined would be the bee's knees.

If you haven't tried a new run C-Line dehaas, I would recommend picking one up. They feel (and look!) great. Most of the ones I've seen have the perfect moderate dome too (in the 172 range). But there are a lot of people screaming for champ glows. Hopefully the Factory Store listens...

yeah, i've got a new run pearly merlot one in my bag now but it's pretty stiff, even being beaten in pretty well. all of the new pearly stuff i've seen lately has been on the stiffer side though.

Isn't Avery throwing them too? Will maybe? He did just recently get some sig stamp Cs. Not that it means he throws them.

Latest posts