• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Cool, thanks. I just picked up a Luster (171g) and a C-CD2 in case the Luster is not what I'm looking for.

I have a swirly S-Line, and a 10th run C-line and 2 G-Lines and all are pretty damn stable. I was surprised by the stability of the G lines honestly.

G lines are the best workhorse pd as they season.

I really like the S-lines for workhorses. Dead straight with a slight turn (if you want it) from new. Might have to try a G-line at some point.

How well does the PD power down for you all? Anyone throw it as their only fairway mold, or is it too fast and large of a jump from mid speeds?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I threw them down to 250' for years. If you can get mids to that, yeah, they power down extremely well.

I threw them down to 250' for years. If you can get mids to that, yeah, they power down extremely well.

They power down extremely well for the OS shorter shots. Of course, a straighter pd at 350 will still not be straight at 250 or even 300. I think that's why a lot of people that bag PDs also bag and fd for the shorter straight stuff. But PDs are great for powering down for shorter OS duties

Definitely powers down well, my g-pd has taken the slot of my teebird when the lizotte fd3 is too OS. As stated above, fd is great for those straighter fairway shots.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just recently dropped my S-CD2 and trying out the G-PD in its place. I have PDs in my bag that cover everything from OS to US now. G-PD is still pretty stable compared to my CD2, but hoping it starts to beat in with more use

How well does the PD power down for you all? Anyone throw it as their only fairway mold, or is it too fast and large of a jump from mid speeds?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I feel it's too large a jump.

I tried it for a while and it was okay, but i really like to micromanage my bag and split hairs. There's just this section where i don't want to rip a mid or throwing a pd from a standstill doesn't feel right. That's where the gazelle enters.

Also, crosspost from the new plastic thread

20170617_173949_HDR_zps0vjbff8c.jpg

These are beauts. Nice and beefy, fairly flat and glossy stiff star.

what run?

Something very recent, i think. A lot of the recent spd2 I've seen have glossy plastic as well. Some teebirds as well So perhaps it's a brand new run of plastic? Couldn't really tell ya for sure. No patent numbers. The tops have a record effect to them as well. Little bit of zipper action goin' on; nothing crazy like the first run qolfs/solfs though.

Last edited:
Something very recent, i think. A lot of the recent spd2 I've seen have glossy plastic as well. Some teebirds as well So perhaps it's a brand new run of plastic? Couldn't really tell ya for sure. No patent numbers. The tops have a record effect to them as well. Little bit of zipper action goin' on; nothing crazy like the first run qolfs/solfs though.

As well...as well...as well...

Seriously though. They feel good. They may not be a whole run; i really don't know. Getting new plastic batches can cause all sorts of crazy stuff to happen. I haven't checked the rest of innova or DM stock to see if their star is turning out the same at the local stores with the exception of a couple molds. They could just be....freaks. Badum-tch!

For the past year I've been bagging a 3rd run C-PD, along with a Swirly S-PD. The 3rd run was bought new many years ago, and still flies just as stable as the day I bought it. I use it for my "overstable" PD shots, and also shots that need some skip. Very reliable disc that I know I can trust to not turn over.

The Swirly S-PD is also pretty beefy. It had become my workhorse PD, since I never throw the 3rd run in areas I may lose it. The Swirly is also a little less stable, so it is more workable on different lines. It's one of my go-to headwind drivers, basically it flies exactly like I always thought a PD should.

Last week I traded for a hot pink S-PD that came in a recent mystery box, and I bagged it over the weekend to see what it was like. My god, this S-PD is amazing! Not as stable as the other two I bag, but still doesn't turn over and has a nice reliable forward fade. I finally have a PD that "flies like a longer Teebird". I can rip into it with full power and get perfectly straight drives just shy of 400' on a rope, with a super soft fade. I think this S-PD is going to become my go-to PD for the rest of this summer.

For the past year I've been bagging a 3rd run C-PD, along with a Swirly S-PD. The 3rd run was bought new many years ago, and still flies just as stable as the day I bought it. I use it for my "overstable" PD shots, and also shots that need some skip. Very reliable disc that I know I can trust to not turn over.

The Swirly S-PD is also pretty beefy. It had become my workhorse PD, since I never throw the 3rd run in areas I may lose it. The Swirly is also a little less stable, so it is more workable on different lines. It's one of my go-to headwind drivers, basically it flies exactly like I always thought a PD should.

Last week I traded for a hot pink S-PD that came in a recent mystery box, and I bagged it over the weekend to see what it was like. My god, this S-PD is amazing! Not as stable as the other two I bag, but still doesn't turn over and has a nice reliable forward fade. I finally have a PD that "flies like a longer Teebird". I can rip into it with full power and get perfectly straight drives just shy of 400' on a rope, with a super soft fade. I think this S-PD is going to become my go-to PD for the rest of this summer.

Glad you like it.

Are all S-PDs with patent numbers X-config tops?

Anybody throw the lusters? Got a pair of upper 160s pinks coming after hearing they weren't as beefy as a typical c line. To be honest I am carrying a couple firebirds and 2 cd2s but still bag a g line pd and a seventh run c line but each gets used only for specific shots.

Cd2 feels better in the hand for a flick and I like the blunter nose on the firebird in the hand for a flick as opposed to the sharper nose of the pd. Seventh run is one of the best tomahawk discs I've ever thrown though...

I have a luster in the bag currently, and liking it so far. Its like a less stable 3rd run, real nice n straight with still some fade at the end. The luster feels faster to me, maybe its the flatness but they seem to just fly faster.

I couldnt get a consistent release with the 3rd runs for some reason, they kept wanting to come out early.

came here to respond that Luster PD's are longer teebirds. the guy who responds in the discmania thread confirmed also. He said that P2's and PD's were the exceptions of luster plastic that were not more overstable than other plastics.

I recently got a swirly S-line and think that it is my new favorite disc. Holds straight longer than my other PDs before a predictable fade, but still has no want to turn. It is a perfect flier.

Latest posts