• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I picked up a 10th run C-line a couple months ago and am surprised by how much I DON'T like it. Compared to my 9th run, which I bought from Simon/Eagle Discmania truck when they were in town, this new one is more domey, way more overstable, and completely lacking in glide. It'd basically flying like a Firebird for me, nowhere close to the 9th run which was only a tick more stable than my S-Line. The rim doesn't even feel the same, almost like it's slightly plus molded. Is this close to anyone else's experience with the newest run?

So I picked up 3 "seasoned" PDs, one C, S and P. I was wondering if I could have some clarification on what run the C was, if my S was a test-config/champystar, and if anyone else had gotten a P-PD that is simply penned PD on the back.

The S-PD is Red penned as S.PD and has Patent numbers.

The P-PD is Peachy, feels like S and is penned PD.

The C-PD is Purple, is the domeyest PD I've seen that wasn't plus rimmed, and is more OS than almost all PDs I've thrown besides the CFRs and the 3rd runs.

Attachments

• 0629171227a.jpg
    0629171227a.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 0629171230a.jpg
    0629171230a.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 0629171231.jpg
    0629171231.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 40
None of those are test configs. Those were molded with a completely different top piece. The S-Line is just an early run before the patent numbers were removed.

Can't help on the C-Line run unless it has patents. Then it's a FR/CFR.

That I havent heard. No personal experience with a Luster PD tho, would snag one if found cheap. But FDs are not made any more stable by the luster plastic.

For ages, I was bagging 3x S-PDs at different wear and different weight to handle the majority of my driving. I had picked up a Luster, but never really thrown it. It was just pretty. :D Anyway, after hearing the the Luster PDs went against usual Luster protocol and were actually less stable than other plastics, I pulled my LC-PD out of storage and threw it in my bag for a weekend of rounds.

Damn it if I wasn't right impressed! It has the HSS torque resistance and straight flight I expect, still fights winds very well, but it takes longer to "hook up" and start to fade. I think the "Longer Teebird" is a perfect analysis. On flat fields with no wind, it would end up about 20-30' longer and 10-15' closer to my release point than most of my S-PDs. I use my fresh, max weight S-PD for wind and for more right-to-left movement and the Luster was easily ending 10'-15' closer to center. I wouldn't say it's quite a "tunnel" disc, but certainly a straight driver where I don't want as much fade or skip.

Just to sum up, and not add to any particular discussion, I must have come across a freak batch of S-PDs earlier this year. I snagged four of them, and all of them felt like P Line. They were also flippy new, nothing what I was hoping PDs would be like since I dedicated myself to making the switch over. The recent batch of Cs have a stronger finish than what I currently want, but I am dedicated to beating them in. In the meantime, I picked up several Gs, and to be honest, that is nearly exactly what I was looking for in that spot in my bag - low, fast, straight, minimal late finish, torque resistant, and yet I do not have to crank on it to get what I want. My experiences with the G-DD are almost identical, and I bag them as well. Of course, I have three major tournaments coming in the next month and a half; we will see what my bag looks like after them.

That run is a couple of years old, you shouldn't be seeing many of those in the wild any more.

Just to sum up, and not add to any particular discussion, I must have come across a freak batch of S-PDs earlier this year. I snagged four of them, and all of them felt like P Line. They were also flippy new, nothing what I was hoping PDs would be like since I dedicated myself to making the switch over. The recent batch of Cs have a stronger finish than what I currently want, but I am dedicated to beating them in. In the meantime, I picked up several Gs, and to be honest, that is nearly exactly what I was looking for in that spot in my bag - low, fast, straight, minimal late finish, torque resistant, and yet I do not have to crank on it to get what I want. My experiences with the G-DD are almost identical, and I bag them as well. Of course, I have three major tournaments coming in the next month and a half; we will see what my bag looks like after them.

the tenth aniversary lusters are my most stable pds. all plastics considered. however, I'm comparing that to recent runs-last year, and this year.

since I got on board late with the pd's. my only options were recent runs. what other options are their really.. I haven't seen any of the famed first and third runs for sell anywhere, including ebay.

I put my mouth where my money was and spent over a hundred dollars trying to find the most stable run of PD.

So, if you know something I don't let's see your receipts!

If you have any tenth aniversary PDs. Pm if their new or close to it. I have a bunch of beautiful swirls unthrown that I will trade out for them.

the tenth aniversary lusters are my most stable pds. all plastics considered. however, I'm comparing that to recent runs-last year, and this year.

since I got on board late with the pd's. my only options were recent runs. what other options are their really.. I haven't seen any of the famed first and third runs for sell anywhere, including ebay.

I put my mouth where my money was and spent over a hundred dollars trying to find the most stable run of PD.

So, if you know something I don't let's see your receipts!
Get a c-line PDx. They fly like first run PDs

Except i'm not using a 2.1 cm diameter disc as a fairway or control driver.

They fly nearly identical to 1st run PDs. They aren't faster than a pd and fly considerably more OS. They don't show any turn. I guess I can overlook the 2.1 cm rim that doesn't feel as wide as a wraith if I can get the flight I want. IMO, if it wasn't called a speed 11 disc or a 2.1 cm disc, people would think of it in the same class as a pd or another similar disc

got one. and the rim is a bit bigger making them not as comfortable as a pd. the aussie fundraiser pdx was so dam fast and os that I would not my bag it except for very windy days.

Except i'm not using a 2.1 cm diameter disc as a fairway or control driver.

I wouldn't use it for much more than a mini-mini if I were you.

On a side note even in the pouring rain today my S-PD got me a 20' putt for eagle which my D-P2 handily cashed in on.

How are current run S-Line & C-Line PDs? Do they have any turn out the box? I just put a 3rd run C-PD & a seasoned C-PD back in my bag. If the newest runs are overstable I'm dropping Thunderbirds. I had PDs in my bag before Thunderbirds. I'm better at flicking PDs for some reason. I just don't want to switch back if I have to hunt down overstable PDs.

How are current run S-Line & C-Line PDs? Do they have any turn out the box? I just put a 3rd run C-PD & a seasoned C-PD back in my bag. If the newest runs are overstable I'm dropping Thunderbirds. I had PDs in my bag before Thunderbirds. I'm better at flicking PDs for some reason. I just don't want to switch back if I have to hunt down overstable PDs.

I have been trying out some S-Line PD's (166g), and C-Line Pd's (172-174g) recently. The S-Lines have a good bit of turn for me. But, I have found the C-Lines to be beefy compared to Champion Thunderbirds. In fact, I don't remember any C-Lines to be less stable than Thunderbirds, at least at heavier weights.
If you are looking for something more overstable than a Thunderbird, I would be confident in choosing C-Line PD's.

The most recent S Lines I've thrown have been pretty overstable in max weight. I can get a tight flex out of them or throw them flat and hard and they pusj forward while fading for th elast half of the flight.

New to the PD bandwagon but loving them. Looking at grabbing a couple of p-lines and wondering if there's any difference in the freak stamped vs the small shield stamp. It's online so I can't feel them up.

Call or email and ask them to feel them up. There's a run of really stiff p lines that were flippy out of the box. The plastic worn in weird and overall I didn't care for that run. They were from years ago but if it's online who know how long that stock has been sitting around.

Latest posts