• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

This is from the Discmania Official Thread from Discmania Support

P-Line PD was not one of the more popular discs to be made and we did not want to sink another major investment into something that people won't want to buy. We do have some left and will do our best to get those back in stock for you. Thanks for the question and keep an eye out for some of those popping up in the near future.

Before I found the Alpha I would've been extremely needy of P-PDs but no longer.

Thank you for posting evidence.

Stupid idea.

Using this they could justify OOP'ing their whole lineup. I don't really feel like buying gpd to replace my ppd and working them in. Glad I didn't buy a ton of pd again because now I'll probably stop throwing them entirely. The beautiful thing about it was book-ending with a cpd or spd, working that into neutral, and then using ppd for neutral understable and as workhorses until the c or s line beat into goodness.

I mean, they know this is disc golf, right? None of it is popular except for new stuff and the classics.

Last edited:
Isn't this just a ploy to sell their existing stock and then create the demand for those "special" runs of pro?

Whatever, it's ridiculous any way you look at it. Basically nearly everyone who throws PDs seriously knows the value of having Ps in the lineup.

I'm guessing the large majority of PD throwers buy C-Lines and S-Lines. In order to have a run of plastic made, Discmania probably has to shell out a good amount of cash for Innova's minimum. While they've been around for several years, they still have a very small model line and haven't really been celebrating the success they've gained until the last couple years. It's entirely possible that shelling out that coin for discs that won't fly off shelves could kill their growth, especially if it's a run that us finicky golfers think is a "bad run". Do you want new molds? Beloved molds in different plastics?

There's been a lot of love lately since the letters OOP were written, but there hasn't been before that. Relax guys. Stock up now, keep recommending P-Lines, create the demand, and they'll be back.

Looking at their Stock at a Glance order forms, on 9/20 Innova West had P-PDs in stock from 170-175g, and on 9/22 Innova East was out of stock of all P-PDs.

Been trying a flat, max weight C-PD for utility OS duties. Played a hole 3 times yesterday where the shot is a 250 ft FH, clearing trees on the right/middle, swinging it out left over a small creek then fading back to the basket. Happened to have a 15 mph headwind straight into my face yesterday too.

Parked the first shot and turned it over into the exact same spot into the creek the next 2 times. Guy befind me had a sexybird that just ate the headwind and finished right of the basket.

Anybody using a C-PD as a Firebird replacement? Should I just give in and become another sexybird devotee?

It looks like they restocked the P-Line's at discgolfcenter. I bought one from Disc Nation a few weeks ago and it's a lot more overstable than I remember them and the plastic feel is completely different. It's annoying every disc that I've ever liked from the past is impossible to buy a new one that flies like the old one.

It looks like they restocked the P-Line's at discgolfcenter. I bought one from Disc Nation a few weeks ago and it's a lot more overstable than I remember them and the plastic feel is completely different. It's annoying every disc that I've ever liked from the past is impossible to buy a new one that flies like the old one.

They didn't restock, those have been there for awhile. It's actually my personal stock and your announcement has forced me to order 4 more.

They didn't restock, those have been there for awhile. It's actually my personal stock and your announcement has forced me to order 4 more.

Hmm, I looked like a month ago and they only had a few 175's. That's why I ended up buying one from Disc Nation for like 5 dollars more, which is kind-of ridiculous.

Parked the first shot and turned it over into the exact same spot into the creek the next 2 times. Guy befind me had a sexybird that just ate the headwind and finished right of the basket.

Anybody using a C-PD as a Firebird replacement? Should I just give in and become another sexybird devotee?

I think the PD is a good headwind resistant driver, whereas a Firebird is nearly wind-proof. Throwing flex forehands into wind is not something I would try with a PD, whereas throwing a low line drive laser is. Firebird is for holding hyzer lines or even reasonable flex shots in wind, it won't be pushed too much off line. They are definitely different discs of the same family, no reason not to have both. Even if in calm you can throw that shot with a PD, in wind the differences will be very apparent.

Not making the pPD anymore seals the fact that I'll never go back to it. All of the ones I threw over the years were pretty straight off the shelf, and wore into a fantastic understable driver after some time. Not saying it's better than an sPD, but it was a good compliment and its wear cycle was much faster.

The right run of cPD can be headwind disc (3rd for sure, 8th probably) but more like a predator than firebird.

Been trying a flat, max weight C-PD for utility OS duties. Played a hole 3 times yesterday where the shot is a 250 ft FH, clearing trees on the right/middle, swinging it out left over a small creek then fading back to the basket. Happened to have a 15 mph headwind straight into my face yesterday too.

i tried this a couple years back with an overstable 3rd run c pd.

i concluded that my game suffered a bit because there are certain shots that you need that beefy firebird. it just isn't the same.

you can pull off about 80-85% of the firebird shots with a beefy pd. but when you need a fire chicken you need a real fire chicken.

what throwing a beefy PD did teach me was how to truly harness and throw a FAF beefcake firebird not only on utility shots but for regular shots too.

my personal favorite is the open field upshot even with no wind in the 200-250ft range with a beefcake firebird on sidearm. normally you can just gently hyzer a putter from 200-250ft but i started experimenting with a c pd on sidearm (too much variance with how much hyzer and fade adjustment). from there i learned you can sidearm a beefy firebird with the same form as a c pd but aim 15 ft away and land it in bullseye range for a drop in putt almost automatically.

All the different runs and variations in the PDs is why I stopped throwing them. Is it a 4th run or a 12th run? Wait I thought the more OS one was the 9th. Its a headache and a shot in the dark. Pd is a great mold, its just not worth the trouble. And now with ppd taken off the market? Ill look elsewhere for the control OS driver.

All the different runs and variations in the PDs is why I stopped throwing them. Is it a 4th run or a 12th run? Wait I thought the more OS one was the 9th. Its a headache and a shot in the dark. Pd is a great mold, its just not worth the trouble. And now with ppd taken off the market? Ill look elsewhere for the control OS driver.

^in my opinion the difference between different c pd molds isn't that big. as of now there has been 10 runs.

there was only two runs that were not predictably overstable: 4th and 6th runs which are easy to identify because they were made of a extra gummy champion blend. yet these two runs are great because you can get wraith or destroyer distance out of them!

but all the other runs have that typical pd flight. longer overstable teebird with penetrating fade/skip. wether it be a 6th,7th, glow champ, luster, etc.

the only reason the 3rd runs are coveted/pricey is because they're so durable and hold stability forever. but the flight itself isn't that different from any other typical run. and also because Eagle waxed poetic about them.

Well, I have 10 p-lines after my new order from DGC today. All I've got from DGC seem to be from the same run that I like a lot. Should last me a few years at least.

Now I don't have $ to spend on a couple sexybirds. Guess I'll put the Predator back in the bag.

^in my opinion the difference between different c pd molds isn't that big. as of now there has been 10 runs.

there was only two runs that were not predictably overstable: 4th and 6th runs which are easy to identify because they were made of a extra gummy champion blend. yet these two runs are great because you can get wraith or destroyer distance out of them!

but all the other runs have that typical pd flight. longer overstable teebird with penetrating fade/skip. wether it be a 6th,7th, glow champ, luster, etc.

the only reason the 3rd runs are coveted/pricey is because they're so durable and hold stability forever. but the flight itself isn't that different from any other typical run. and also because Eagle waxed poetic about them.

To each their own. I just choose to not care about all 10 runs. Give me a consistent disc off the shelf, and youre more likely to have my vote (and I used to throw pds for years)

Well, I have 10 p-lines after my new order from DGC today. All I've got from DGC seem to be from the same run that I like a lot. Should last me a few years at least.

Now I don't have $ to spend on a couple sexybirds. Guess I'll put the Predator back in the bag.

I love discgolfcenter. Two P-PDs shipped for $19.

I've done both sides of the spectrum over the years, a handful of pds and no firebirds and a handful of firebirds and no pds.

The no firebird phase contained a first run c line pd and the no pd phase contained a beat gstar firebird. I probably throw 80/20 rhfh/rhbh and the more blunt nose of the firebird feels better in the hand than the pd. Pd flicks just fine though, and I prefer it for tomahawk shots over the firebird.

Yeah you could go all in team pd or team firebird, but why? I'm still gonna bag both, so if I carry 3 of one and 2 of the other or vice versa who cares.

And as far as pd runs, I personally think the variances between runs is overstated. I'm definitely picky about how a disc feels in the hand, I see that as a more valid concern than the alleged differences between c line pds in stability.

Latest posts