• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Anyone throw the new lone howls? How do they fly relative to current stock runs and the dark maul runs?

Is there a comprehensive guide to S-PDs runs like the one on C-lines? Googled my ass off but couldn't find anything..

I've had many a freaks, small font pat. No., Big font pat. No, big font no pat.no, second run (?) Jesse Heinonen and more. Still don't have a clue really

About the only run that was recognized was the second run "shield stamps". They had the original shield stamp and a lower parting line making them less overstable than the first runs. Essentially a FR with sixth months of throws on them. I always preferred the FRs but never minded putting the time in to season them to where the shield stamps started.

The PD's I have seem really beefy and not as workable as I had hoped, like a longer Firebird almost. They fill the OS part of the slot really well but I would like a straighter/"flippier" one as well that's a bit more workable and easier to throw straight/far when it's calm.

Find one that has a lower PLH and less dome. Look for an older one if you can, anything from maybe 3+ years ago, they seemed more consistently like that back then. Can't remember exactly when these ones started coming out, so hopefully someone can correct this number if I'm wrong.

You MAY be able to find a fresh one that fits these criteria, but I haven't seen one, with the caveat of I haven't bought a fresh s-PD in a little bit now, but that's because they had been not even close to what I wanted, all that I had seen were high PLH and huge dome. Flew how you describe.

Is this disc out of production? Why are they out of stock everywhere??

Is this disc out of production? Why are they out of stock everywhere??

Pretty limited but I read somewhere that they are supposed to have another run this year. They were in stock periodically last year and I got a few. Grab them when you find them.

Hello! Thought I'd ask the experts. I got into the PD game recently and got this is in a trade yesterday, was wondering what run I was looking at. It's penned and on the OTB stiffness scale I'd give it a 4 or a 5. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/gallery/64MAAGn

Nice, looks like a third run. It's hard to be certain through the picture, but if it is a bit pearly and stiff, you got a winner.

Nice! Thanks for the input, it's def pearly, not the stiffest disc ever tho, does have some give, that's what kept me from thinking it may be a third run from what I've read.

I've been using a Dark Maul 2 in my glow bag and have enjoyed it for a few holes of the course we typically play glow league.

Does really well for straight to fade and spike hyzer shots, and for 80% effort FH shots it goes stupid far for its speed. Was getting it into the 430 range without trying too hard. When I did try too hard I flipped the hell out of it though...

Was recently given a swirly S line that is only about 159. In a got pretty good glide but seems to fight back pretty hard and late.

In a way it's a bummer to me that I had not tried PDs sooner, but I don't know that if until the last two years or so if my backhand was good enough to fully appreciate them.

Hello! Thought I'd ask the experts. I got into the PD game recently and got this is in a trade yesterday, was wondering what run I was looking at. It's penned and on the OTB stiffness scale I'd give it a 4 or a 5. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/gallery/64MAAGn

Nice, looks like a third run. It's hard to be certain through the picture, but if it is a bit pearly and stiff, you got a winner.

The pearl looking like it's just in the rim makes me think it's not a 3rd run. I was thinking 4th. They had cloudier rims and no real pearl on the flightplate.

The pearl looking like it's just in the rim makes me think it's not a 3rd run. I was thinking 4th. They had cloudier rims and no real pearl on the flightplate.

Ah, I didn't know the pearl had spilled over into the fourth runs. Is there a dome or stiffness difference between 3 and 4?

Lol my guess is the dreaded second run. Looks too flat to be a fourth, or looks that way to me at least. Is the inner rim slanted or is it perpendicular to the flight plate?

Second runs were fairly flat and gummy, and I know they were made in that color as I had a couple. I had always thought fourth runs had opaque rims and pop top domes.

Fifth and sixth runs were fairly small and close together, I wanted to think those were flatter and gummier also but not as beefy. Don't remember colors.

Can't remember if there were any that color in the seventh run or not, but if it's not a second run I'd guess seventh. There were some pearlies in there and not as stiff as third runs.

Ah, I didn't know the pearl had spilled over into the fourth runs. Is there a dome or stiffness difference between 3 and 4?

I had some X-outs that had pearly stripes around the rim and were considerably higher domed, similar to 5th runs. Lower PLH than most and more prone to turn.

I had some X-outs that had pearly stripes around the rim and were considerably higher domed, similar to 5th runs. Lower PLH than most and more prone to turn.

Ah the fifth runs were domey too? I honestly don't remember...I went from third to seventh run pretty much. I had a buddy with a couple flatter dayglows that were fairly straight, flew more like an s line. Must've been sixth runs.

Latest posts