• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Ah the fifth runs were domey too? I honestly don't remember...I went from third to seventh run pretty much. I had a buddy with a couple flatter dayglows that were fairly straight, flew more like an s line. Must've been sixth runs.

Maybe it's the shoulder more than the dome. I remember neither run being as flat/shoulderless as the 3rd runs.

A'ight PDudes, please tell me what I have here. Got this in a shop in Tulsa last fall. Very flat, very firm, very OS, little bit of swirl, 160g.....and patent numbers. Owner said he saw some light S-PDs on the DM order form and ordered them.

Seriously OS, even at 160g. Best thumber disc ever and I'm trusting the lighter weight more for typical flex shots. Wondering if I might have nabbed some new, old stock first runs while they cleared the warehouse.

I bought 2 initially, threw this one a bit, then called him and bought 4 more over the phone 😁, all 158-160g. I generally don't go that light but at 59, I ain't getting any younger.

Attachments

• PXL_20210311_005112674.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210311_005112674.PORTRAIT.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20210311_005030555.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210311_005030555.PORTRAIT.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 45
  • PXL_20210311_004910785.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210311_004910785.PORTRAIT.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 49
A'ight PDudes, please tell me what I have here. Got this in a shop in Tulsa last fall. Very flat, very firm, very OS, little bit of swirl, 160g.....and patent numbers. Owner said he saw some light S-PDs on the DM order form and ordered them.

Seriously OS, even at 160g. Best thumber disc ever and I'm trusting the lighter weight more for typical flex shots. Wondering if I might have nabbed some new, old stock first runs while they cleared the warehouse.

I bought 2 initially, threw this one a bit, then called him and bought 4 more over the phone 😁, all 158-160g. I generally don't go that light but at 59, I ain't getting any younger.

I had a small handful of flat stiff blood red s lines that were upper 150s that were total meat hooks. Really old patent numbered run, bought them from Mark Molnar at DGV. Eventually got rid of them, I'm guessing yours were old stock that'd been sitting around forever and made their way into circulation.

Lol my guess is the dreaded second run. Looks too flat to be a fourth, or looks that way to me at least. Is the inner rim slanted or is it perpendicular to the flight plate?

Second runs were fairly flat and gummy, and I know they were made in that color as I had a couple. I had always thought fourth runs had opaque rims and pop top domes.

Fifth and sixth runs were fairly small and close together, I wanted to think those were flatter and gummier also but not as beefy. Don't remember colors.

Can't remember if there were any that color in the seventh run or not, but if it's not a second run I'd guess seventh. There were some pearlies in there and not as stiff as third runs.

The inner rim seems perpendicular, doesn't feel weird at all. It's also 170g, I know sometimes with a lot of discs the weight affects how the discs come out, not sure if +\- 5 grams from max weight affected many runs or not.

The inner rim seems perpendicular, doesn't feel weird at all. It's also 170g, I know sometimes with a lot of discs the weight affects how the discs come out, not sure if +\- 5 grams from max weight affected many runs or not.

Weight itself shouldn't really impact how the disc molds up, more like the conditions in the factory (heat and humidity) or plastic composition (how likely to shrink when cooling).

If the rim feels normal I'd probably lean towards seventh run. Doesn't look pearly enough for a third run, and those are noticeably stiff and the plastic is almost indestructible.

I always thought the seventh runs looked close to third runs profile wise but softer plastic, which I actually preferred. I remember seventh runs in green and orange for sure...honestly don't remember merlot ones but it's been a while. I had the DM shop custom stamp some seventh runs for me right when they came out, might have had some blue and yellow ones also...I wanna think merlot just not sure.

If it's a seventh run it's a good thrower, or what I liked in a good c pd at least. Little more bite than an s line but still gets good distance and as it wears tends to not pick up the high speed turn like s lines can. Keep in mind I'm comparing to s lines from a similar era...I think the more recent s line runs have been pretty beefy? For me a good c line was something that had more forehand distance than a firebird, throw flat and hard and it really straightens out with an eventual fade but not as drastic as a FB.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the info! It's been windy and I've only given it a few tosses so far so I haven't really gotten an excellent impression of its flight, but either way, just what you said is why I'm loving PDs. I love Firebirds and I really like Thunderbirds, but I'm not super into flicking them, but PDs slot in perfectly as a longer Firebird for forehands. I'm also in love with a Luster PD I got used recently, whoever had it before me beat it in to a magical place where I've never had such control over such a fast disc, I don't think I can place a putter better than this thing, it's wild.

Can anyone help me out with a run question as well? I have a blue C Line that is basically ice clear. And I don't know if I got a reject but it feels like it has a type of groove on the inside of the rim that no other PD I've held has.

Anyone been seasoning in a LH2? Curious to know how you'd compare it to a DM1/2 or LH1 or any other run now that you've had it a while.

Can't speak to the LH2 but the DM2 is amazing. Pretty flat and almost Firebird OS. Really nice overall.

Can't really say DM1/2 is anywhere close to stock Firebird territory. Much straighter and glidier. They are overstable don't get me wrong but not Firebird overstable. Really liking those as a windy day fairway driver.

Couldn't find any specific answer after looking through lots of pages of this thread. So i thought I'd ask. Of the following models of the PD, which ones are the least overstable and throw the straightest? Looking for one that throws long, straight and doesn't fade as much as some of the super overstable ones.

-Newest Regular S-Line

-Grady Shue Bottom Stamp Swirly S-Line

-Lone Howl Swirly S-Line

-Lone Howl II Swirly S-Line

-Dark Maul Color Glow C-Line Avery Jenkins

I had a Lone Howl a year or two ago and liked it. But once I saw how much they were going for on eBay, I parted with it. They were going for prices I just couldn't refuse. But having a hard time finding something similar to it now (obviously Discmania is having trouble with production and won't have any new ones for months or longer). But might try to get a used one at a decent price on eBay. So just wondering how they rank in terms of stable to overstable. Thanks

I stopped throwing S-PD's around 2 years ago due to low utilization and current runs being borderline FB overstable. with the low availability recently I'm willing to bet most recent runs stock stamped SPD's are OS.

Couldn't find any specific answer after looking through lots of pages of this thread. So i thought I'd ask. Of the following models of the PD, which ones are the least overstable and throw the straightest? Looking for one that throws long, straight and doesn't fade as much as some of the super overstable ones.

-Newest Regular S-Line

-Grady Shue Bottom Stamp Swirly S-Line

-Lone Howl Swirly S-Line

-Lone Howl II Swirly S-Line

-Dark Maul Color Glow C-Line Avery Jenkins

I had a Lone Howl a year or two ago and liked it. But once I saw how much they were going for on eBay, I parted with it. They were going for prices I just couldn't refuse. But having a hard time finding something similar to it now (obviously Discmania is having trouble with production and won't have any new ones for months or longer). But might try to get a used one at a decent price on eBay. So just wondering how they rank in terms of stable to overstable. Thanks

No experience with the latest stock S-line runs. But of the special runs you listed, I believe the LH1 will be the least beefy out of the box. The Dark Maul will beat in to that sweet spot pretty quickly though.

As much as I love pd's I throw my g lines the most, and fortunately I've got a stockpile. Everything else if you're not sitting on a fat stack you might as well sell them off, you're silly for paying secondary market prices.

To me it sounds like you are actually looking for a CD2. The C lines are OS but straighter than a PD. You may also want to check out the instinct.

To me it sounds like you are actually looking for a CD2. The C lines are OS but straighter than a PD. You may also want to check out the instinct.

I actually tried the first Roaming Bison CD2 from a few years ago, and for some reason, just didn't mesh well with it. It looked SICK and still to this day is one of my favorite looking discs. That swirly S-line with that killer Bison on it!

And I have an Instinct, but it's not like a PD. It's shorter, doesn't feel the same in the hand, is not as good for FH's and is a different distance disc. I like it, but not the same.

The CD2 just didn't throw how I wanted and felt light, even though it was a 175g.

The LH 1 PD I had last year felt really heavy in the rim, and just had such a great flight when I could actually hit it hard enough on a flatter line. It was SUCH a great feeling disc weight wise and feel in the hand. And it was such a great FH disc as well. Wish I had bought a stack of them back then if I had known Discmania was going to stop making them :thmbdown:

Just ordered a K1 Stal, so going to do some field work with that this weekend to see how it works out. Still looking for a good replacement for the PD in my bag. That faster than a FW, but not quite a distance driver disc. Everyone is saying the Stal is money and throws a lot like a broken in PD, but with a tad more glide, but still has that solid hook up at the end. The profile looks a little more like a FD3, with that super thin pointy nose, almost flat top, and a really nice feeling wing. And the K1 plastic is just like everyone describes.... Unbelievable feel! And it has such clean round lines all over the disc! Hopefully it fills that PD like disc slot I'm missing the last year or so.

Hopefully Discmania gets a bunch of the Original molds out again soon. It's SUCH a shame they are having issues with Innova and not getting all the discs out to people that love them and want them. Business wise, it's mind boggling how much money they are loosing by not having the Originals out. The demand for the Eagle and Simon models alone, plus the regular model Originals, is only matched by the Jordan shoe game! It's on a TOTALLY different level of insanity and they aren't getting the discs out to the public!? :confused: The demand for the Originals is SO OUTRAGEOUSLY high, and yet there is no stock anywhere and seemingly little to nothing on the horizon. VERY very strange business decision and they are dropping the ball big time :confused:

Hopefully they figure it out soon

I remember last summer I bought a couple of PDs for fun, a lightweight S-PD and a max weight Dark Maul 2… there were so many options of PD available 1 year ago… now they are nowhere but the overpriced shelves of E-Bay.

Hopefully Discmania gets a bunch of the Original molds out again soon. It's SUCH a shame they are having issues with Innova and not getting all the discs out to people that love them and want them. Business wise, it's mind boggling how much money they are loosing by not having the Originals out. The demand for the Eagle and Simon models alone, plus the regular model Originals, is only matched by the Jordan shoe game! It's on a TOTALLY different level of insanity and they aren't getting the discs out to the public!? :confused: The demand for the Originals is SO OUTRAGEOUSLY high, and yet there is no stock anywhere and seemingly little to nothing on the horizon. VERY very strange business decision and they are dropping the ball big time :confused:

Hopefully they figure it out soon

Unfortunately the production side of the originals line is out of the hands of DM. Everyone is upset about it including me but for now it is what it is for now. The main molds in the originals line will be back at some point. I am just glad that I have plenty of back ups.

I have finally seasoned my S-PD into a magnificent flying instrument. It only took 9 years, but it's now the most shapable, easy distance, control driver I've ever thrown. It doesn't flip over like my P-PD did after a few of months of use. It just flies on the line I give it- no questions asked. The only negative is that it will flip up from a pure hyzer rather than holding the hyzer line like it used to.

Latest posts