• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Hey discspeed, are there any distinguishing factors with this current run of C-Lines? Are they patent tooled? They sound right up my alley, but the mold hasn't caught on very much around here. I found a CFR (and a stack of 1st runs) leftover on the shelf.

Unfortunately the non-plus look exactly the same in terms of stamp and tooling. Even the plastic looks similar to the older ones. You have to flip it over and compare the slant to tell for sure.

I was going to get a pd but after getting a DX teebird and being unsatisfied i am doing tons of research. i get a TL plus out like 300 and I can flip a ESP Stalker flat. What plastic choice/run is the best?

I'd try a PPD in your normal weight or a sub-170s (they go all the way into the 150s) SPD. Honestly, I've never had an SPD I didn't like.

i have been throwing pds for about a year now and my favorites are the p or the non freak stamped s lines,

Just an FYI...Innova takes the same run of discs and puts both the Power Driver and Freak stamps on them. There are some early runs with only one or the other stamp on them, but most the ones I see now are identical.

this thread seems as good as place as any, so what parts make up a disc? you have a wing, top and a core? where does each start and end?

PD has anny top, fb wing and two different cores (regular and +). anyone want to point them out w/ photoshop?

May want to add that they had a small amount with a different top and maybe get a profile pic to show the difference.

So far i think ive thrown all types, S,p,c+,cfr and "pd top", havent thrown C non plus, my fav by far is S line, p's are great as well, c+ are meh but have their uses cfr was flat stiff and very beefy, liked the flight, hated the plastic

My favorite PDs for straight shots are seasoned small-dome SPDs. They hold the sweet spot a lot longer than the Ps, and when they get beat they make great predictable turnover drivers (even in the wind).

For hyzers I like the CPD+. They have a touch of high speed turn, but then fade hard. I also like domey SPDs for hyzers, but they start to lose their hard biting fade after a little wear. My CPD+ has been in my bag for a year and is still nice and LSS. These are the most underappreciated of the PD lineup imo, and they are as good as OOP now.

For wind I prefer a new CFR CPD (heavy wind) or a new non-plus CPD. The new CPDs aren't quite as overstable as the old CFRs, but they glide more and feel better in the hand while still holding their line in a headwind.

My CPD+ has been in my bag for a year and is still nice and LSS. These are the most underappreciated of the PD lineup imo, and t

I have a couple + mold that I would trade you for the non + :thmbup:

My CFR Big D in Desert PD is beefy. It doesnt fly anything like a normal PD but thats why its great. Its a great utility disc, almost FB overstable

Discspeed, what would you say about the test S-PD's from the Innova proshop????

It's my understanding that the PD was retooled several times prior to the existing configuration in an effort to perfect what they were going for. So those are basically throw away R&D discs they are selling that by definition are not as good as the PD as we know it. That's not to say they won't fly good for someone, but even if they do why take the chance on what will be an irreplaceable disc? My advice would be to buy a normal SPD. As I've said before, I've never thrown a bad one. If it's not what you are looking for (PDs are pretty variable) chances are it will be exactly what someone else wants.

At the moment I'm rocking 4 different pds in the bag, and all serve different purposes. My main pd is a 172 gummy p line, it's starting to break in nice and for me flies like a longer broken in teebird...straight as an arrow with minimal fade. I just picked up a 150 class s line f2 from the proshop and flightwise is is very similar to my p line. I've been using this a lot for overhand shots in hopes to season it in a bit quicker, and once it hits its sweet spot I think it's gonna be absolutely money. I've got a 168 s line that's a hilighter yellow color and the plastic is pretty stiff. I'm using this for wind duties and tight flex shots. It's a really fun disc to throw, I can put it on just about whatever line I want have confidence that it's going to do what I need it to do. The last one is a 172 pearly blue c line f2 that is from the new run of non + rim c lines. I haven't thrown a cfr run to compare it to, but it's definitely the most overstable of the 4. This one has a bit of a dome and gets thrown on forehand shots. I've thrown a lot of flex shots with it and it likes to pull out of its turn a lot quicker than my s line.

What I like most about the pd is its rim size. The rim is small enough to grip easily and the disc is stable enough to give it a good full rip and not have to worry about what it's going to do.

It's a shame for innova that this disc doesn't have their stamp on it, a lot of places just don't carry discmania. If it were sold as an innova disc and reached the number of stores that all of their other drivers do I think it would be one of their best selling discs. Instead it lives a quiet life destined for message board praise and begs the question, "man, that was a good rip. what disc was that?"

More hss, does better in the wind than an orc, less touchy, still gets good distance, although in an open field i be they have about the same potential. Pd works more lines imo

I know this is a bit off-topic, but anyone happen to have an s-pd laying around they don't use anymore? :thmbup: seriously

I only have like 4 extras of each C, S, and P. And Im always wanting more. Ill trade one for a FD

How would a pd compare to an olf?

Also if you add quotation marks around a small word like pd in the search bar of will find those small words.

Search pd finds 0 results.
Search "pd" finds what you're looking for.