• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I don't use my PD a lot.
It was blowing pretty hard last night, left to right cross wind.
The PD didn't seem to care, it went out straight and just lost a little of its fade.
It was perfect.

I don't use my PD a lot.
It was blowing pretty hard last night, left to right cross wind.
The PD didn't seem to care, it went out straight and just lost a little of its fade.
It was perfect.

What kind of PD do you have, Matt? I've become pretty attached to mine.

i use my spd as a beat in glidey d fb. i cant get enough. muy bien

easy d fights the wind

What kind of PD do you have, Matt? I've become pretty attached to mine.

175ish P PD it was bought just for windy days
I put them all on the table and found a higher PLH one.
It's actually more stable than I thought it would be.
I would like a little lighter, more flexible one, if I did it again.

I wonder if it's because I don't use a power grip, but the plus rims don't bother me on the C-PDs. They really fly nice, honestly. Wish I wouldn't have lost my yellow one. :(

And the P-PD I've been bagging since last summer is being pretty stubborn about beating in. I figured she'd be my turnover driver by now but I've been really surprised with the durability.

I wonder if it's because I don't use a power grip, but the plus rims don't bother me on the C-PDs. They really fly nice, honestly. Wish I wouldn't have lost my yellow one. :(

And the P-PD I've been bagging since last summer is being pretty stubborn about beating in. I figured she'd be my turnover driver by now but I've been really surprised with the durability.

my ppd still have a great amount of durability left. cody found one and gave it to me. its a beat winter disc its too flippy. they beat in nice. i did grab a spd and just use that now. i absolutely love it

I have a few of the plus rimmed PDs ~172 if you're interested. Orange, yellow, and pink.

I have a 168 and 175 G* PD and these things are so so nice. They fly the same lines at full tilt and powered down.

My god. I've been converted. I was afraid when picking up a C-Line PD that it would be too OS but it's just right. It bombs on flex shots even into the wind yet is somehow controllable on a variety of lines in all other wind conditions. Awesome disc

More G Line reviews pweeese

I picked up two of the last F2s the store had, both at 167. The first positive impression was made when comparing PLH with First Runs and Shield Stamp S-PDs and I saw the G-line was even higher by a slight amount, and a bit higher still than the non-patent number S-PDs.

I found their stability (at 340' power) to be almost identical to the patent number S-PDs, and the grip superior. I've only played a couple rounds and done some field work with them so I can't say what they're like once seasoned.

But I can't wait to find out. There's few discs out there, IMO, that can offer rewards like a nicely seasoned S-PD can.

More G Line reviews pweeese

I've been playing with a European open g-line PD. I personally am not a huge fan of super floppy plastics, I think most of my favorite discs are on the stiffer side. However, I decided to give these and also a G-star Destroyer out and I am so glad I did, I freakin love the flight of this plastic.

For both of them, the thing I noticed immediately was the increased glide. I haven't read too many reviews on other people's experiences, but G-Star/Line plastic has some awesome glide. In terms of glide and distance potential I'd rank them from lowest to highest: C-Line, S-Line, G-Line.

In terms of stability, I've found G-Line to be the least stable of the three also.

That said, if you're like me and seem to lose your discs as soon as you've finally beat them in perfectly.. you should definitely look into G-Line plastic. I bag one in each plastic for different lines/wind conditions.

Latest posts