• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prediction: Paul McBeth Stays With Innova

On the VPO coverage Simon mentioned the trick shot video coming out on Brodie's channel in mid December. Isn't that screenshot of Paul wearing the Discraft shirt from the filming of the trick shot video?

Maybe we'll know before the end of the year.

For me as someone who uses a mixed bag, I could care less what each pro throws, but I was intrigued from a business perspective because Paul & Innova seemingly had a great on/off the course relationship and I honestly thought he would become a lifelong business partner with the company. The fact that he has signed on with someone new approaching 30 in a couple of years makes me guess there was a substantial sign on bonus he could not refuse. And regardless what everyone thinks..there is still relatively little money in this sport, Paul is a business man with an eye on the future, he wants to build his "field of dreams "course, perhaps this is the ticket to make that happen. Good for him....

https://www.discraft.com/accessorie...hirt-tsh.sign?returnurl=/accessories/apparel/
Nice try backtracking on this thread. LOL

I am puzzled by all the "speculation" about pros switching sponsors…..it will not affect me, nor likely anyone else, at all...it certainly will not cause me to switch discs...will YOU no longer throw Innova if McBeth is with Discraft?….unlikely....

I throw what I throw based on the disc and how it works for me, I have Innova, Westside, DD and Discraft in my bag right now, not likely to change anything based on what a pro does or doesn't throw. Paul can sign all the Aviars he wants, I don't like them and won't use them. Sticking with my Discraft Challenger and Fuzion Judge.

Or maybe I just don't get it...maybe who sponsors a pro is important, to the pro and the sponsoring company, but to the average schmuck hucking frisbees, probably means nothing at all....and I am definitely your average schmuck.

NOW, with all that having been said....I do understand that having a pro's name attached to your brand will probably help that brand sell better. My point is simply: Who really cares?

Someone please explain it to me, slowly, so I can figure out why anybody but Paul should be concerned about what company sponsors Paul.

I think it's just fandom, ya know? I don't think for most people it will majorly change their bag, or their ideas on how to build their own quiver...it might...it might not.

I'll put it like this - I'm a huge LSU fan right? I love when NFL teams draft former LSU players. I didn't change my allegiance to the Cards when they brought on Peterson and Mathieu, or to the Jags when they drafted Fournette, but I'm happy to follow their career and cheer for them (except for when they're going against my Saints).

People like to see other highly skilled people get recognition for their abilities and performance. It's fun to be more than just a player these days, it's fun to be a fan. From my perspective, I don't see anything outside of normal fandom native to pretty much every sport.

I am puzzled by all the "speculation" about pros switching sponsors…..it will not affect me, nor likely anyone else, at all...it certainly will not cause me to switch discs...will YOU no longer throw Innova if McBeth is with Discraft?….unlikely....
What else in disc golf is there to talk about this time of year?...

Latest posts