• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Private course at home

HCD Studios

Par Member
I am have designed a course in the back property behind my house. So far I have a front 9 and a handful of other holes. I am slowly making it an 18 hole course. Does anyone else have a course at home or a practice hole or two in the yard? I will have pics soon. Post yours if you have them.

I have a basket in the back yard that I can throw a bunch of different shots at. I wouldnt call it a course, but it is nice to practice on. My friend has a farm and he has a couple private courses he can set up. It is only 7 min from home, so it has become my go to place to dg.

I cant wait to see what you have done. What type of holes you looking at? Wooded, open? lets see some pics.

If you're talking about an actual course---not 9 or 18 different throws crisscrossing the same yard---there are plenty. Check out many of the private courses on this site. If you've got a disc golfer with available land, eventually you'll have a course.

There are lots of cool courses on people's private land listed on the site, and even more out there that aren't. Flip City, one of the top rated courses, is one guys project on his chunk of land in Michigan.

I've got about 30 holes laid out for my side yard and the adjacent woods. Someday it will be playable as a loop, right now I only have one basket. It should be pretty cool when done. I have a nice tight tunnel hole in the woods and come summer there will be an elevated tee throwing out of the woods into the field.

Here's a crappy pic of the tunnel hole early in its evolution:
0505101821-00.jpg

Oh, and I have two holes playing along railroad tracks on the other side of the woods. No pics of those, pretty fun though.

Shu pond was my Baby!!!! had 9 holes set up on 6 acres.. it tossed acorss a pond and had a creek in play, some elevation and a few tight wooded holes.. i miss it sometimes.. had to retire it after i moved to CALIFORNIA

I have some holes made up in front of my house. No baskets, but quite a few ~200' holes aimed at trees or street signs.

There are lots of cool courses on people's private land listed on the site, and even more out there that aren't. Flip City, one of the top rated courses, is one guys project on his chunk of land in Michigan.

There may be others in the Top 10 that fit this criteria. (I'm pretty sure, but not certain that the owners live on the same property)

as the OP knows hawk hollow is actually on my nephew's property rather than mine. my house is about 2 miles away. prior to moving the baskets down there i had set up a variety of courses at my own place ranging from "tiki-like" practice course in my yard to a monster long course in some of the pastures.

Flyboy is on a lot of peoples land but starts and finishes on the designer's property.

I put a 9 hole putter pole course behind my work that I play. My boss wasn't very happy. He said I can leave it if I removed the poles when I am not playing. So I basically set it up on my first break, play two rounds on lunch, play a round and take it down as I go on second break. I am sure I'd have to remove it if other started playing it. If he stops being a tool, I will teach him to play this spring. Maybe then I could leave it in. All it takes is a long duece to hook someone.

It decent for a putter course, mixed wooded and open, water comes into play on two (three if you hyzer out) of them. Holes 90-180'. Some crossing fairways though (not that it matters, doesn't get alot of foot traffic). He told me I needed to removed the one in the front of the building. Which was fine. They weren't as good, plus terrible throw could have hit people's personal vechicles. It's tough enough I am still chasing that 18 or less. Going make some adjustments in the spring. Going to try and stretch it to 150-250 holes. We'll see. If trucks weren't in the way sometimes, it'd be easy. But gotta plan as if they are, because generallty they are.

There may be others in the Top 10 that fit this criteria. (I'm pretty sure, but not certain that the owners live on the same property)

All the Horning's Hideout courses are in Bob's back yard, he also has some great Festivals there too.

Hippy007

I am have designed a course in the back property behind my house. So far I have a front 9 and a handful of other holes. I am slowly making it an 18 hole course. Does anyone else have a course at home or a practice hole or two in the yard? I will have pics soon. Post yours if you have them.

I have a 6 holer, but I uses 2 baskets twice from a different angle. There are 2 sets of tee pads, so I play 12, then play my prefered 6 to make it 18.

Here is my course Prerube's Playground

Oh, and I have two holes playing along railroad tracks on the other side of the woods. No pics of those, pretty fun though.

Love the idea of playing along the railroad tracks! I'd keep them in play. That would be add some pressure to be making an upshot with a train bearing down on you hahaaa.

Hawk Hollow is on private land.

I have a bit of land out back that nobody uses. I have a 9 hole course that plays to 3 baskets and a homemade target. Everything from 105' downhill ace run to a 325 wooded hyzer. The part that is in now has natural tees and very tight wooded fairways. Two of the baskets have ob logs surrounding them.

The still evolving "back nine" starts with a 300' downhill shot with ob right and behind the pin area. That pin is in a field so I just move my practice basket from one area to another. Hole 11 is almost 400 feet and starts in a field then has a wooded approach.

The design is evolving as time goes on. Yesterday I found a great alternate tee for 3 and some alternate pin ideas. I have been using long stakes with pink ribbon tied to the top to test out pin placements. I will take some pictures today so I can share. Anyone in the Annapolis area who wants to play pm me and I will bring out the baskets.

The Monty

"The Monty" at Deer Ridge Park, near Monticello, GA, is not on private land, but its a course designed, installed and maintained by basically one person. I love playing there as it's never crowded, and is a great example of what one or two people can do with a little imagination, paint, and some old, refurbed and repainted baskets. All the signage here is homemade, but its some of the best I've seen. I alwasy feel like I'm in someone's pet project when I play here.