• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro plastic

I wish Pro Plastic was a bit more consistent. Some is hard and slick, some super grippy/rubbery/bouncy and some is nice and soft/swirly like good star plastic. I've been wanting a nice Pro Teebird for years now... *still waiting

There was even some Pro made last year 2019 that was about as much flex as G-Star or the more flex R-Pro but not floppy R-Pro. I know as at a place they sold the stamp of the logo of the State park Course in Western New York in only Pro plastic discs and I got a Pro Destroyer more as souvenir disc that was in this odd flex plastic that has flex the way G-Star is. Also the plastic is this odd type where the thin layer of gloss is missing and you have the thin layer of gloss fused into the plastic.

It was cool seeing Discs with course logo Used to help fund that specific State Park's Disc Golf Course.

Last edited:
confirmed people who have actually thrown the fr pro teebird l know to stay away from it

then there was a factory run after but i never threw those maybe those were different

I managed to snag a Pro Teebird from the Innova Factory Store last year. I was surprised how beefy the thing was... like, I didn't throw it much because it became a utility driver in my bag. I eventually lost patience with the disc and put it on the shelf. It definitely wasn't the flippy fairway I was looking for to attack the wooded courses in NC...

Maybe I got a snowflake, but that speaks to some of the inconsistency I've experienced with Pro plastic. Some of it is stiff, others gummy... some are more overstable than you'd expect. This is not to say that I think Pro plastic (for drivers) is great and probably among the most underrated plastics out there. I just won't order pro discs online - I'll always try to find them in-store.

I did settle on throwing a Champ Leopard3 for my straight-to-US fairway slot.

Although, reading through this thread makes me want to try a Pro Leo now...

I have been playing with some Leopards lately. (Been playing for about four years and never tried the mold)

Everyone raves about the Leopard in pro plastic but I found it squirrelly and way more understable than I expected.

I have a star that flies a little more stable than the flight numbers and a couple of champions that (for me) fly pretty true to their listed numbers.

I've thrown other discs in the pro plastic but I don't see how everyone likes the pro Leopard as much as they do.

I have been playing with some Leopards lately. (Been playing for about four years and never tried the mold)

Everyone raves about the Leopard in pro plastic but I found it squirrelly and way more understable than I expected.

I have a star that flies a little more stable than the flight numbers and a couple of champions that (for me) fly pretty true to their listed numbers.

I've thrown other discs in the pro plastic but I don't see how everyone likes the pro Leopard as much as they do.

Maybe you have some more flexible pro that I have been seeing lately. The best pro is firm and you want some dome. I have a stiff domey one that doesn't feel the best because of how stiff and domey it is but man that thing flies like a longer Comet. Just straight for days with no fade, maybe a foot, lol. I don't throw real far though, Leo's go about 325-335 range.

Maybe you throw real far or maybe you got some dud plastic. Pro plastic has a crazy variety. From super flexy to stiff, thus the discs fly incredibly different too.

Blaspheme!! :)

What weight are you throwing? I have a few in the 150's that are a bit on the looser side at our elevation, but great in the mountains. My main Pro Leos are in the 171 range which I really like here on the Front Range.

My pro might just be a dud.

It's slightly flexible but not overly so. The dome is what I would just call average. I don't have it in front of me but I think it's either a 172 or maybe a 175. I don't really try mashing on it. I power down on it and either throw it flat or with a wee bit of hyzer. I'm really only throwing it in the 280 to 315 range.

My champion Leopards thrown similarly will start on a slight hyzer, stand up and start drifting right a bit, straighten out and push forward a bit, and then have a slight, gentle finish at the end. Pretty much flies like the numbers.

The pro I have is unpredictable for me. Start it on a little hyzer and it stands up and starts turning right, then keeps turning right, then might turn right some more or maybe flatten out or maybe dump right and cut roll. I gave it a fair chance but I just couldn't figure it out.

My pro might just be a dud.

It's slightly flexible but not overly so. The dome is what I would just call average. I don't have it in front of me but I think it's either a 172 or maybe a 175. I don't really try mashing on it. I power down on it and either throw it flat or with a wee bit of hyzer. I'm really only throwing it in the 280 to 315 range.

My champion Leopards thrown similarly will start on a slight hyzer, stand up and start drifting right a bit, straighten out and push forward a bit, and then have a slight, gentle finish at the end. Pretty much flies like the numbers.

The pro I have is unpredictable for me. Start it on a little hyzer and it stands up and starts turning right, then keeps turning right, then might turn right some more or maybe flatten out or maybe dump right and cut roll. I gave it a fair chance but I just couldn't figure it out.

FH or maybe you have some OAT/technique issues.

For me Champ don't turn really, I've had 4-5 over the years. Regular and Leo3. Maybe I would rate them -.5/1.5 on avg. Stars just slightly less stable. -1/1.5. Pro's in general have flown truest or closest to numbers, I've had several Pro's too, still have them.

I think in general you will hear most people say Champs are pretty beefy.

I'll admit I may have some minor flaws in my form. Typically OAT isn't one of them. I throw putters and mids more than anything and feel I throw them cleanly. I also generally throw flippier discs very well. Things like Underworlds, Heats, etc.

It obviously could just be me. Maybe something about the Leopard just doesn't come out of my hand as cleanly as I think it does. Although I throw FD's a lot and throw them well and the Leopard doesn't feel all that different.

Who knows. I just know the one and only pro Leopard I have thrown just didn't click with me.

I'll admit I may have some minor flaws in my form. Typically OAT isn't one of them. I throw putters and mids more than anything and feel I throw them cleanly. I also generally throw flippier discs very well. Things like Underworlds, Heats, etc.

It obviously could just be me. Maybe something about the Leopard just doesn't come out of my hand as cleanly as I think it does. Although I throw FD's a lot and throw them well and the Leopard doesn't feel all that different.

Who knows. I just know the one and only pro Leopard I have thrown just didn't click with me.

OK, I was just throwing it out there. I think FD's are quite a bit more stable then Leopards though too, I've had a few myself. I guess I've only thrown C Lines. Not understable though. Maybe similar actually to the Champ Leo.

I've only owned a DX Leopard, but I've found at least 3 Pro Leopards. I usually only find stupid discs like a 175g Champ Ape or a 175g Stilletto on a 200 foot straight shot, so if I find something decently straight, I like to try it. The Pro Leos are always more stable than I expect.

Got a Pro Leopard to try out! This guy is Max weight and stiff. Can't wait to try it out.

Attachments

• D11A6110-031F-462F-AB99-163075C79E28.jpg
    D11A6110-031F-462F-AB99-163075C79E28.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 18
It throws pretty straight out of the gate. Maiden voyage went 320' straight down a tunnel to edge of circle (missed the putt of course, lol).

What I've found true of the Pro plastic I've bagged is that the disc starts overstable; but then, all of a sudden it gets flippy.

Latest posts